"So you..."

"I didn't tell him about Carlo's plan." My eyes widened. "My parents know just the fact that he got into a car accident. I can thank Eduardo for that."

"You must have hated him to be able to do this."

"If I had known he was going to die, I wouldn't have let him go. I thought he would lose the money. Turns out, Carlo saw him just as useless as his son at that time." Nate ran his hand up my spine. "You have nothing to be scared of. I won't lay a single bad finger on you. And anyone else that does, is dead." He kissed my neck before he moved my face to him and kissed my lips. I didn't fight him. I didn't have a good enough reason to do so. "Is that all you want to know?"

"So you help your mom out-"

"Because I feel bad. Never felt worse for anything I've done in my life like I do for Christian." Christian. His brother.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't. Fuck the pettiness. I don't need it. We're both responsible for this. Him and I." I stared into his eyes. Almost crystal blue in the light. His eyes had a tendency to go from grey to blue. I was amazed by it.

"Who's your sister?"

"Olessia. She would love you." Would? "I just don't know whether or not I should tell her yet." He brushed his thumb across my cheek.

How can a touch be so simple yet so addicting?

"You wonder if you'll eventually leave me?" He tried to suppress his smile. I raised my hand to his hair, touching his brown hair lightly.

"I wonder if you'll stay."

"I shouldn't?" His grip on my ass tightened.

"I want you to stay. And I will do anything to keep you," the lingering pause made it clear he wasn't done, "but I can't force you. No matter how much I'd want to put you on a leash and keep you in my apartment just for myself, that's not how the world works. Unless you want-" I shook my bead smiling.

"Nope. Not happening, Mr Dalton." A low growl made its way from his throat.

"Stop it. You know what you're doing." I smiled, knowing I had some dominance over him.

————

I wandered the halls of the probably most massive place I'd ever been inside of. The halls certainly creeped me out. It wasn't even the fancy and royalty looking decor. It was the lingering cold and fear. I had no idea how many people have died here. If they were a part of the underworld, there was no way this place hasn't seen Death itself.

The moment I reached the grand stairs, I turned my head to the hallway on my left. The forbidden hallway Nate told me not to go in. I hesitated for a moment as I examined the doors. The grand doors looked as if they were made of steel.

"Tempting isn't it?" I flinched from the voice. I turned around, meeting a pair of green eyes. The girl was almost as tall as me, had curly black hair, which was put up in a bun, and wore what looked like fitness clothes. Tight, black leggings, a black sports bra as well as black sneakers, and a light puffy jacket. She held her phone in her hand as she stared at me. "New here, huh? Who's escort are you? It's been a while since I've seen one." My eyes widened.

So this might be Laura.

"I'm not an escort. You shouldn't assume things that might hurt another person's feelings." She chuckled as she rolled her eyes at me. "Excuse me?"

"Who are you to call me out in my own home?"

"I might be no one to you but you're barely anything to me either." She took a step forward as her eyes scanned me.