"Woods," I grumble. "It's always the woods."

"No thank you for heating us and saving us from freezing?"

"No," I deadpan. "You are the one who caused all the mess at the beginning. Of course, you are going to save us - it was all your fault."

He sighs. Instead, I ask something else. "Why did you bring me to Ric's party? I thought you aren't on good terms."

"He invited us."

"Us?" I ask to assure. "He invited me?"

"Yeah," he murmurs thoughtfully. "I don't know why but he invited you, too."

"And you didn't tell me." I snap.

"I brought you anyway, why is it important who invited you?" He snaps back.

Remembering the conversation with Ric, I get even madder. If I knew that he invited me, I'd have responded way more effectively when he said 'I didn't invite you.' "If you told me in the first place, I'd never come," I blurt out angrily, looking at him. "This way, it seems like I've been waiting forever for Ric to invite me to his party, and as if he is not my biggest enemy."

"I didn't take you there," he says, offended, "There are just two of us here."

"Why did you bring me anyway?" I inquire. "You have friends to hang out with," I add intently, remembering when he laughed along with people and looked cosy.

He stands up, and extends his hand out. "We are being late," he says and I realise he skipped the question. Sighing, I get up from the rock, ignoring his hand and start walking towards where the car is parked.

We don't talk during the walk, and the closer we get the louder it gets and I feel like in the environment of a party again. People laugh, shout and dance, and it seems like even the passing time doesn't wear them down. They look the same, energetic and lively and if they ever look at me, I know what they will see.

This is why I try to hurry up and get into car before getting into a conversation or fight - having a possible danger. I'm not in the mood for fight, surprisingly. But of course, life is never at my side and I hear Richard shouts after me - or us. I'm not sure who he's yelling at. "Leaving so early?" His teasing voice causes to eye-roll, and I turn back to face him as he walks over to us. His eyes are fixed on me and then, my wet façade - it makes him snicker. "Swimming at night, it looks good." His eyes are still on me and I bet I'm not the only one who has fathomed what he intented to say.

"Richard," Calvin mutters angrily.

I grip his arm and make him look at me. "Cal, get into car."

He narrows his eyes. "Aren't you coming?"

"After I," - I glance at Richard. "sort this out."

"Yeah Cal," Richard laughs, "Go wait at the car." His mocking tone doesn't help and I actually understand how offensive I've just sounded - Cal must feel terrible. But he should wait in the car. Why do I even care if he's hurt? I am not his babysitter.

"Fuck you, Ric," I snap at him. "What's wrong with you?"

"I just like to tease you, Jackie."

I step closer towards him. "Shut the fuck up or..."

"Or what?" He asks daringly.

"Did you invite me to tease?" I ask instead, wondering what his reaction will be.

He looks at me, surprised but instantaneously, it's changed by a smirk. "Maybe."

I roll my eyes. "I didn't know you've invited me, okay," I say defensively. "I wouldn't come if I ever did."