I get out the shower, dry myself up, and head to my room. I grab a super plus tampon and a purple ultra thin Always pad. If you don't put a pad on even though you have a tampon in...you're brave.

   I put on a regular black shirt and grey sweatpants. Normally I would add a sweater, but it's August and not even close to being chilly.

   The bruising is only on my inner thighs and upper torso, so I don't have to worry about covering anything. The only thing people will be able to see is my busted lip.

   I don't particularly care so much about my appearance. Guys always ask for something no matter what I wear so I stopped caring a long time ago.

   I walk over to my desk and apply some makeup. Some concealer for my under eyes. A little mascara never hurt anyone. And some chapstick. Is that even enough to call it 'doing my makeup'?

   My morning continues as usual; getting Mateo ready for school, people thinking I'm his mom when I drop him off, the 3 second conversation I have with a crowd of mother explaining I'm only his sister, the norm.

   Getting in my car, carrying Mateo, sitting down at my desk for sixth period, proves to be a hard task on my ribs.

   (A/n: Remember, monday and wednesday are classes 1,2,3,4 and Tuesdays and Thursdays are 5,6,7,8. Fridays alternate that. Y'all probably don't care but this is for those who do.)

    My sixth period is math so I decide to put my head down and take a nap. Because...does anyone even care about math anymore? I pull out my phone and headphones, go to my playlist and put on Infected by Starset. The sound of music fills my ears and my forehead meets the coldness of the desk.

   My cramps decide to bless me with their presence but it isn't too bad right now. It just feels like I haven't eaten for days.

   Wait...is that the cramps or the fact that I actually haven't eaten? We're gonna go with...both.

My ten seconds of silence is sadly disrupted by a tap on my shoulder, but I ignore it. Maybe they'll think I'm asleep? The light taps on my shoulder turn into the mystery person shaking my shoulder as if to wake me up. A scowl morphs onto my face and my head snaps up.

Black nails are touching me.

I look up and see the cheesy grin of Elias Salazar.

His cheeks tinge the lightest shade of pink and he grins sheepishly. He gives an awkward wave, "Uhh...hi? This seat taken?"

Not at all.
_______________________

Elias Salazar

Something is licking my face.

   Something... is licking my face.

   Slobber coats my cheek and a loud snort fills my ear.

   If he doesn't get off me I swear to fucking—

   Barks fill the room and a paw is felt on my back. I turn from my position on my stomach abruptly and he jolts back. "Fuck! Alright!"

   He stands stiffly on my bed in an 'attack' stance with his ass in the air and his front paws spread out. I go to pat his head but he snaps his jaw at me.

   "Fucking hypocrite. So you can lick my face but god forbid I touch you." I roll my eyes.

   My 140 pound Bullmastiff decided to make an appearance this morning.