Part 32- Light in the Darkness

Start from the beginning

It was around 12pm when they made their way downstairs, straight to the dining hall- Ahaan saw Ishqi enter and his world seemed to pause for a second, she looked defeated and his heart broke seeing her like that and not being able to do anything about it, it wasn't like he was any better though!

The dining hall was mostly empty because everyone was extremely busy planning and preparing for the upcoming event, Ishqi and Ahaan were not at all interested and couldn't care less if it happened or not. When Ishqi's eyes detected Ahaan a smile crept up on her lips, a faint one though. 

She took small steps towards him and he did too, upon being at an arm length, before either could say anything Ishqi jumped into Ahaan's arms and engulfed him into a tight hug. "I'm sorry AVM" she mumbled while the tears she worked to hide were now visible. 

Ahaan softly caressed her hair and planted a kiss on her head, "Arrey tum kyun sorry maang rahi ho? Sorry toh mujhe maagni chahiye...mein hum dono ke liye kuch bhi nahi kar sakka" he replied as he squeezed her tight, Ahaan felt that if he loosened his hold on her, she'd slip right out of his life. 

Ishqi: Aab koi kya hi kar sakta hai jab ke humari apni families ko humara ek dusre ke liye pyaar nahi dikh raha...

Ahaan: Unko bhale hi na dikh raha ho but I promise ke hum dono ka pyaar humesha rahega...b-

Ishqi cut him off and completed his sentence, "bhale hi hum physically saath na ho, hum dono ka pyaar ek dusre ke saath humesha hoga"

Ahaan smiled, "Yes and I want you to know that you are the first and last girl in my life who I'll ever love"- he paused "Rhea aur Rahul pata nahi yeh shaadiyaan kyun kar rahe hai jab ke woh dono jaante hai ke hum ek dusre se pyaar karte hai" 

Ishqi: Dimaag kharab ho chuka hai saab ka, no one's being able to think straight..saare ke saare galat faisle leh rahe hai..she ranted- 

Ahaan didn't say anything because he knew she was right and there was nothing he could say which would fix things or make her feel better. They stayed in silence and without movement for a few seconds when Ahaan's eyes spotted a basket filled with henna cones sitting on the table at the back.

"Ek second" he said to Ishqi as he separated from her and went towards the table to grab a cone. With it in his hands, he took the pin needle out and walked back to her. "Yeh kya hai?" Ishqi asked- 

Ahaan: Arrey mendhi ki cone hai..

Ishqi: Offo! Woh mujhe pata hai, mein yeh pouch rahi houn ke aap yeh yahan kyun laiye hai?

Ahaan pulled her by the waist, "Aaj mendhi hai na" he paused as Ishqi lowered her gaze and in a low voice replied, "Hm"

Ahaan: Arrey don't be so unenthusiastic about it...Thodi si toh excitement dikhao-

Ishqi: Jab excitement hai hi nahi toh kya dikhao...

Ahaan: Khushi toh tumhe uss mendhi ki nahi hai jo bahar hone waali hai but yahan..abhi jo hogi..usske liye toh thodi enthusiasm dikhao..

Ishqi: Matlab?

Ahaan: Offo...matlab ke tum meri ho and aaj mendhi waale din mein khud apna naam tumhare haath pe likha chahata houn...before anyone else does!  

Ishqi: Oh ho...on hogaya aapka romantic switch...she remarked as she shook her head- 

Ahaan: Off hi kab hua tha..he said as he jerked her closer to himself- 

Ishqi: Waise AVM, aap tension mat lijiye- Mein Rahul ka naam nahi likhwane waali...jo rishte majboori se baan ne jaa rahe hai unhe celebrate karne ka koi matlab nahi hai..

Ahaan pecked her cheek, instantly sending butterflies in her stomach and draining the anger within her, for the time being at least. He clutched her hand, delicately parted her fingers and carefully started writing his name on the same finger she wore the ring he'd made her wear, Ishqi stared at him with love. 

After around three minutes of Ahaan struggling to get the letters to be straight and not wobbly and Ishqi having a huge smile on her face, that made her jaws hurt- His name was finally imprinted onto her hand, she took a look and although it wasn't the neatest, for her, it was most beautiful thing in the world. 

Ishqi encircled her arms around his nape, "toh? how'd you like it?" Ahaan asked eagerly- "just like you, best hai" she replied- "Wow! aaj Ishqi flirt kar rahi hai? Mera asar? Not badddd" he said teasingly- 

Ishqi: Mein koi flirt wlirt nahi kar rahi aur jo cheez jaisi hai usse waisa hi baataon gi...she mischievously smiled- 

Ahaan: Matlab mein best houn? 

Ishqi: Iss mein koi shakk?

Ahaan: Arrey aab buss- tareefon ka overdose horaha hai..he paused while Ishqi giggled- "Meine toh apna naam tumhare haath pe likh diya...aab tumhari baari" he stated as he handed her the cone and she gladly took it- 

She held his hand as she was more experienced in henna painting, quickly imprinted her name onto his palm. Before she could ask how he liked it, Ahaan said, "issko permanently tattoo karwaloun?"

Ishqi chuckled, "kuch bhi"- Just as they were talking, Zayan entered the hall and pulled Ishqi out of there, he saw Ahaan but didn't say anything and just gave him a sad smile. "Chal Ishu, mendhi ke liye ready hona hai, maa bulaa rahi hai" he said to which the smile that had been present on Ishqi's face the entire time she was with Ahaan faded. 

Ishqi gazed at Ahaan who squeezed his eyes, conveying an,"I love you" to her-  She mouthed "I love you too" without caring about Zayan's presence and exited the dining hall.

As the distance between Ishqi and Ahaan physically increased, once again the darkness overshadowed the happiness & light Ahaan's presence had momentarily given her. 

//To Be Continued//

❗️Thoughts on a new entry? It'll probably be of a new guy and it will be good for Ishqaan- Do let me know! 💕

===============================================================================

That's all for today guyss! hope ya'll liked it! { Word Count: 1731 } Next part'll be updated after 2-3 days! 💛

Suggestions are always welcome ⚡️

Pls ignore any mistakes 😙

Lots of love and stay safeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸