seven

On your walk to Kisaki's club later that night, you're plagued with Mitsuya's annoying little comment that keeps worming its way to the front of your mind.

"Just do as he says and stop going to the damn club."

You really should listen to him, you can admit to yourself. He does know what he's talking about after all. But why does he get to act like a big shot? He got roped into going to Kisaki's hellhole just like you!

When you get to the familiar, noisy club, you start up your normal shenanigans. You attempted to look around for Hanma, but eventually, you give up and take it upon yourself to schmooze drinks off customers willing and desperate enough to buy a pretty girl like you a drink or two. Not to mention the luck you have every time you go into the bathroom and find a group of girls happy enough to let you hit a blunt or sniff a small line.

As you stumble out of the club, half drunk and half high with red, puffy eyes, you finally come to the realization that you're just repeating the same things over and over in an endless cycle.

"Damn that asshole," you groan to yourself as you sit at the closest seat in the bar. You call over the bartender and order a glass of water... and one shot of tequila.

You watch as the bartender nods and walks towards the other end of the bar. As your head moves, your eyes catch on blue hair. Curious, (and hoping that your eyes are playing tricks on you) you look over at the figure, a tall man with shaved, blue hair.

Why me?!

The man stands up from his seat on the other side of the bar with a shorter man in tow. The two of them walk directly up to you with little hesitation in their steps.

"What do you guys want?" you groan.

"Didn't you say you weren't going to come back here?"

"Mitsuya..." you grumble. "Please go away. I didn't promise you anything."

Despite your words asking them to leave, the blue-haired male sits down beside you. Then, to make matters even worse (in your professional opinion), when your water and tequila shot arrives, he downs the shot before you can even reach the small glass.

"And what are you doing here, Hakkai?!" you scoff.

However, Mitsuya interrupts before Hakkai has the chance to explain. "Y/N, I didn't help you out just to let you come running right back here."

"You aren't my mom," you emphasize, drawing out the last word. "You don't need to look after me just 'cause Luna and Mana aren't around."

Mitsuya sighs. "I'm not looking out for you just to fill the empty space; I don't like seeing any of my friends like this."

Your face can't help but soften at his comforting words. Though when Hakkai nods in agreement, your one-track mind goes back to your initial question. With furrowing brows, you ask them once again why Hakkai's at this supposed-to-be secret club. But still, Mitsuya refused to give you the answer you desire.

"If you want my help, you're going to have to sober up."

"I don't want help," you scoff. "I'm fine, you idiots!"

"Look, I know this isn't your fault, but you can't let yourself continue to fall into this repetitive trap!" Mitsuya explains a bit harsher this time, doing his best to convince you though he probably already knows your defense is weakening.

"Why the hell are you guys here then?! The only way Kisaki'd tell you about this place is if you were in the same predicament as me and here you are!"