Innocence

MORGUE
It was about a month and a half later that I could go back to work. I was getting hugs and congratulations from Todd and Danielle on the baby and "thank god you're alive"'s from Creature, who I hadn't seen since the day of the accident. Though, he was happy about being right when he had first poked fun at Bri being pregnant.
Bri had been at work since I was out of the hospital. Someone had to make the money since I was on bed rest, and though I protested she told me to shut up and get better.
It's a bitter sweet thing to be back at work. I love being back but being restricted kills me. Every part of my being wants to retaliate and face the danger of doing my meathooks act anyway but I know that I now have a wife and a child on the way so I can't risk it.
In the weeks that I was absent from the Freakshow the episodes that they'd filmed for AMC a while ago had gone through editing and were approved and now they just had to set an air date.
Bri watched me carefully as I sword swallowed, a safe act on my first day back. When I got done, she hugged me tightly and told me that I did great and that she loved me.
"It's only sword swallowing Bri, come on, you know that I know what I'm doing."
"I know...I just...you know what I'm trying to say."
"Yeah, I do."
She wanted me to be safe and to come home with her every night. She wanted me to be there when we get to find out the gender of our baby and hug her when she gets scared. She just wants to never have to worry about losing me again. I don't want to worry about losing her either.
She stepped on stage and began her act, impressing everyone in the audience and a young teenage boy in particular it seemed. He stood towards the front and was looking up, but I highly doubt it was at her face. I waded into the crowd and stood next to the kid, leaning towards him.
"Hey kid, keep your eyes off of my wife's breasts, alright?" I raised an eyebrow and gave him a pointed look before slapping his shoulder and walking away, his face turning beat red. My wife, man. Sorry.
---------------------------------------------
2 weeks of generally the same thing passed, although luckily there was a lot less of defending Bri's honor, and we were on our way to get a sonogram and see the gender of our child.
We'd had sonogram's before obviously. Routine baby checkups, etc. etc. but little Speck had been nothing but a blueberry then.
We sat in the waiting room, our hands interlaced, looking quite the pair.
I wore my stage makeup, having just come from work, and a black t-shirt, blazer, skinny jeans, and boots. Bri sat next to me in a purple tunic, black leggings, and knee high black riding boots.
I probably looked like the creep who preyed on young girls, and I didn't quite appreciate the looks I was getting from the other soon-to-be-parents in the room.
"Hey, Bri, I'll be right back I'm going to go grab some stuff from the car." I gave her a kiss in the cheek before I stood up to leave, watching everyone ease a little as I exited. I opened the trunk of my car and pulled out a black duffel bag before sliding into the passengers side and pulling down the mirror. I started with the makeup, I grabbed the package of makeup removing wipes and except for the standard eyeliner I wiped my face clear of the stage makeup. Then I pulled on a slightly distressed white t-shirt instead of the black one and left my blazer in the car. Though being yourself is something that I preach I didn't want any negative ideas of me that people had to affect the opinion people had of Bri.
Although Bri has similar outlooks that I do, like the lies of Christianity, and love of philosophy she's still so young and innocent. She reads books of poetry and still wears her hair in braids sometimes. I don't want people thinking she's jail bait, I could give fewer shits about what they thought of me.
I got back and Bri looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed
"You changed clothes."
I sat down next to her and whispered in her ear
"I was tired of these fuckers giving us disapproving looks." She giggled, GIGGLED. See what I mean?
"Jack and Brier Morgan?" We were called to the desk by the receptionist. The looks on everyone's faces in the waiting room changed a little when they realized that we were married.
"Doctor Hanschen will see you now."
We were lead to a room with the sonogram machine in it where a kind faced woman instructed Bri to lay down before putting the jelly stuff on her stomach. The doctor placed the device on my wife's belly as I watched the monitor anxiously, watching the grainy picture of a tiny human take form.
She rolled the little thing around before turning to Bri and I.
"Mr. and Mrs. Morgan. You are going to have yourselves a-"
---------------------------------------------

MWAHAHAHAHA
YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT THE GENDER OF THEIR BABY IS UNTIL I PUBLISH THE NEXT CHAPTER.
Enjoy reading other stories n' such until I update or go outside or something, it's just starting to get nice. The new chapter shouldn't be too long from now.
I'LL UPDATE SOON I PROMISE
-Alegria