Chapter 47

Mórrígan's POV

I heard voices. Voices of strange people, who were talking about my current state. I felt needles being pushed in my veins. I didn't move. I was too scared. It felt like the time I was trapped in HYDRA, the time I met Venom. I opened one of my eyes, and looked down at my arms. My hands, ankles, legs, torso and my neck were tied up on a metal table, which I was laying on. I was only in underwear,  but I felt like my skin was burning. 

The sweat on my forehead started dripping down my cheeks, and I had to fight the urge to scream in pain. "Do you think it already killed her?" A man asked, poking my arm. "Are you stupid? If it had killed her, her body wouldn't react to the poison." A woman answered, and I heard her writing something down.  Poison? Where am I? And what the fuck did they do to me?

I tried to remember what happened before I passed out, at the cell. It couldn't be her. I saw her dying in right in front of me. I tried to remember what exactly happened, the day she passed, but a slap across my face, snapped me out of my thoughts. "Bitch." I whispered and looked at the woman standing next to my table. She had short blonde hair, glasses and wore only white clothes.

"Good morning, sleepy head." She said sarcastically, and pushed her glasses up with her index finger. "How are you feeling?" She asked, and grabbed a pen to write something on her clipboard. "Great" I fake smiled at her, and she clenched her jaw. "You're a funny one, I see." The woman came closer to me, and leaned in to face me. "But for how long?" She whispered. "You are even weaker than I thought, without your friend." Her lips were brushing against my ear, and when she looked at me again, I took the opportunity and bit off a piece of her nose, which I then spitted on the floor. 

"I have anger issues, by the way, so you should write that down, too." She screamed and held what was left of her nose to stop the bleeding, I guess. The woman raised her hand and was about to slap me again, when suddenly a familiar voice stopped her. "That's enough, Susan, go to the medical wing." A woman ordered over the speakers, and short after blonde disappeared.

The table underneath me started moving upwards, so I was facing a wall in front of me. The pain got worse by movement, and I groaned silently. In front of me was a mirror, and I knew someone was standing behind it, watching me. "What do you want and who are you?" I asked. "Oh dear, do you not recognize the voice of your own mother?" The woman said, and I heard a door opening behind me. I stared at the mirror, and saw a woman approaching me. She looks just like her.

"You are not my mother, she died-" I said, but got interrupted by her. "Oh, c'mon, why do you think, you are here? Did you never ask yourself why you, out of all the people in the world, got one of the symbiote put in your body?" She now stood in front of me and placed one of her hands on my cheek. "I wanted you to be strong, so we can fight side by side and rule the world." She smiled, and a tear rolled down her face. "I got Venom, because I had cancer. Not because my mother wanted me to become a villain." Sweat started tripping down my face, and I bit my tongue to suppress another scream. The burning got worse, but I didn't want them to see me suffer. 

"You still don't believe me, do you?" She asked, and grabbed something from her pocket. It was an old picture. The woman kissed it, before showing it to me. "Where did you get that from?" I asked. My mother used to have a picture of me, my dad and her on Christmas Eve, in her purse.

Instead of answering, she grabbed a chair and sat down in front of me. "The time I got pregnant with you, was when I just started working for HYDRA. They told me about a project they planned for a long time. They wanted to create the perfect hybrid, someone who looks weak but carries one of the most dangerous monsters inside them. I volunteered, and the same day, they started injecting something in my stomach, causing you to grow faster than usual."