Chapter 23

Nov: 7th; 9:00am; Kitchen

Mórrígan's POV

A few weeks have passed, since the little accident. James and I have been avoiding each other, and it pissed some teammates off. We refused on having dinner together, or doing the same mission. Every time one of us enters a room, the other one leaves without saying a thing. the main reason why I am avoiding him, is because of Venom. He is pissed because of Barnes, and I don't want to eat the soldiers head.

"Common, at least talk to him. He feels bad about what happened, and won't leave his room." Steve said, sitting in front of me, eating scrambled eggs and drinking some coffee. "If he feels bad, then he should apologize. Not my fault he tried to kill me." I said while drinking out of my mug. 

"How could he apologize, if you are ignoring him?" Steve asked annoyed and a with his voice raised a bit. I looked at him shocked, not expecting him to react this way. "I- I am sorry. I know how hard it has to be, living with someone who tried to kill him. But at least give him a chance. Since you and him aren't talking anymore, his nightmares got worse, and I am worried." 

Steve became a close friend other the time, and I liked him. Seeing him this worried about his friend, made me feel bad for him. I sighed and looked at the plate in front of me. "Don't even think about saying what you are about to say..." Venom said quietly.

"Okay, I will go and talk to him later." "OH COMMON!" Venom yelled in disappointment. Suddenly, Venom decided it was time to leave, and made me jump up from the chair I was sitting on. I looked at Steve, who stared at me confused, and waved at him. 

Venom and I left the kitchen and got in my room. I locked the door behind me, and he sat us down. "What was that for?" I asked him, annoyed. "You will NOT talk to him! Last time  he almost killed you!" "DO YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT?! BUT I AM DOING THIS FOR-" "FOR CAPTAIN ASSHOLE? HE USED YOU SO HIS LITTLE FRIEND FEELS BETTER!" Venom yelled at me, and that made me lose my temper.

"WELL, WHO IS THE ONE WHO IS REALLY USING ME?! STEVE OR YOU!" I yelled loudly, which made Venom even more angry. "I NEVER USED-" "YES, YOU DID!" I interrupted him. "THE ONLY REASON, WE ARE HERE,  IS BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT ME! THE FIRST TIME YOU TALKED TO ME, YOU SAID THAT YOU COULD REPLACE ME WHENEVER YOU WANT!"

Flash back

I sat in front of the toilet from the little hotel room, trying not to throw up anymore. "What is happening to me?" I asked myself, tears streaming down my face. I was angry, sad and confused. I only wore my underwear because of the heatwaves, that came every two minutes.

The pain in my stomach, was still there, and I tried to understand what just happened.

I got shot, and thrown in the sea and somehow survived. How is this even possible, and what did that man want from me? I stood up, my legs shaking and the sweat dripping down my forehead. I used the sink to support myself.

The mirror had small cracks, and was dirty. I looked at my reflection, and stared at my forehead. No sign of a bullet entering it. Was it a hallucination? Did the drug me? I thought to myself and turned on the water. I bowed and used my hands to throw some cold water in my ace, to calm down and clean myself up.

When I looked up again, I fell backwards, screaming. That thing in the mirror wasn't me: It was a monster. My eyes were gigantic and white, not even looking like eyes anymore. My mouth formed into a big smile with sharp teeth showing. 

Absolutely terrified, I laid on the ground, my knees pulled up to my chest and my arms wrapped around. I cried when out of sudden a deep voice called my name. I jumped up again, looking around. "Hello Mórrígan." There it was again.

"This is not real. You are not real!" I covered my ears and closed my eyes, keep telling my self that none of this was real. "Oh, but it is." The voice spoke again, laughing devilish. "What are you?" I cried out, not knowing what I should do. 

"I am Venom. And you are mine."

End of Flashback

I let myself fell to the ground, and started crying. Those memories were painful, and I hated to think about all the things that happened only 3 years ago...

I sat there, leaning against the wall and staring at the floor. A knock on the door interrupted me, and without looking, I told the person to come in.

I didn't bother to look up, until I heard his voice. "Hey, weirdo." The man next to me, still standing in the door, greeted me. I couldn't help myself but smile a little. "Hello, asshole." I answered. Without saying anything, he sat down a few inches away from me also leaning against the wall. "I am sorry. For everything I have done." Bucky said quietly. 

"Did Steve send you?" I asked him. He hesitated before answering. "Yes he did. But I planned on talking with you anyways, the problem was, I didn't know if you even wanted to see me." I answered with a simple nod. 

"Is everything okay?" James asked me, sounding genuinely worried. "Do you want me to leave?" "NO" I said a little to fast but didn't care at the moment. "It's just..." I thought about a lie, until I had an idea. One that would help me to get rid of one of the lies I told the team. "My boyfriend and I just broke up over a phone call." I said while looking at my hands. 

I glanced over at Bucky, but just for a second, and could have sworn I saw him smile. "Look, we don't have to be friends, but we could at least act like we don't hate each other. So the others are not that annoyed anymore." I suggested, and waited for an answer. 

"Okay, weirdo." "Okay, asshole." I smiled and we both sat there for what felt like hours, not saying a word.