Chapter 11

Finally the day of the wedding came, and Temari was feeling mixture of both excitement and fear, that she joked mentally that it felt like it was her wedding day. But it wasn't, and she wasn't sure if she would get one any time soon. Maybe in a few years... or how long it takes for me to leave this behind. She was engaged and to the man she loved too, but she knew that would come to an end really soon. She planned on telling him at the wedding reception, when she can provide them with some sort of privacy. The matter she needed to discuss with him was only known by their family and them. If their plan was followed through, no other guest should know that they were engaged and how ironically she picked wedding reception to call it off. It wasn't like they were marrying out of love and affection. Yes, she loved him, and the more she thought about the more she felt it grow. But it was one-sided, or she thought so, because she didn't have any proof to say otherwise. So she accepted her fate and decided to do the right thing. He could never love her, she was so god damn convinced it was true that it physically hurt her, and it was also the reason to let him go. There is no need keeping person caged in any sort of emotion and love was the worst one...

Now she was stalking him as she was trying to find the perfect way to approach him. Because the matter was so delicate in her mind, in order to discuss it with him, she needed to isolate him...and for that....And for that she should probably get her act together and finally address the poor guy. When she made up her mind, she lost him out of her sight and then out of nowhere he appeared. She almost bumped into him, but fortunately that wasn't a case. Her small jump back was elegant and precise and she landed where she wanted and how, so it didn't cause any set on unwanted eyes setting on her. She was only a few steps behind him now as she came closer she noticed something strange. He held 2 glasses of wine in each of his hands and he was looking at...he was looking at the group of girls taking pictures. Truth to be told they looked beautiful and graceful. She couldn't see his face entirely, as she was coming from his back, but what she saw indicated he was laughing. She wondered how relieved he would feel after she broke the engagement. She imagined he would feel like his life was taken back. As he should, because he deserved it.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Who said I was smiling?"

"So, men go to wedding receptions to meet the friends of the bride, don't they?" Her hint wasn't very subtle. In fact she said it with the voice she knew would make him looked at her, but her eyes were sat on that girl group. This irritated him, as expected.

"I supp.." But then he looked at her and saw she made him looked at her, and then she also made sure he followed her glare, and she of course made sure he had something to apologize to her for. In the nature of the most troublesome woman he knew, indeed was to torture him in the most horrific ways. Yet he loved it, every second of it. But this game could be played by two. He leaned to her and placed one of the glasses in her left hand and said."I honestly don't know what you are talking about. I am already spoken for, remember?" It seem like he got to her, more than she got to him.

But there was something else bothering her, he could see it on her face.

"Shikamaru, why don't we stroll around the perimeter of this dancing podium?" She then moved the glass to her right hand and used her now free left hand to take him by his hand. His heart raced as electricity went so suddenly through his body. He didn't expect her to touch him, he didn't know if she wanted to. And now they were strolling aimlessly until he stopped and made her face him. He needed to know what was bothering her and why she needed to take him so far away from everyone, when that wasn't according to plan. But he didn't want to sound so desperate, and only god knows that this woman could make him sound anyway she wanted, and her way was always a bit different than his.