Chapter 7

For the past three weeks life in Nara residency had changed. Temari adept rather quickly and all three of them found the new routine. They would have breakfast together, then Shikamaru and Temari would go to work and when they came back, they would have dinner together too. They looked like a family. Of course, both Shikamaru and Temari would deny such statements and oddly enough no one dared to oppose them. This life felt right for both of them thou. At first it was hard, getting used to be around someone all the time. Before this, if they had any sort of argument or disagreement after work hours they would simply go home. But now they shared the home and had to learn how to avoid bickering constantly. That's why Shikamaru made a list of some ground-rules.

'First, we can bring some unfinished work home, but not all the time.

Second, everything unresolved stays that way until we get back to office.

Third, at home we pretend that we don't work together and vice versa... '

Unfortunately, these only masked the tension, which resulted in many problems. Yoshino was the one who figured out that they need a distraction from work when they were home so she found the solution. Chores. Temari took this seriously and tried to finish everything right the way. This was the way to express her gratitude to Nara family for taking her in, later she found out this strategy had another advantage. She was able to watch Shikamaru suffer. He would always get frustrated and annoyed, while Temari would sit and drink a cup of tea. It was mean, but she felt like she won every argument they ever had.

Even thou it was Wednesday and 2 pm, they had already left the office. Both of them were happy and satisfied with amount of work they had finished that morning, so they decided to take the afternoon off, or at least they hoped so.

"I forgot to tell you, mom visited. She has some family business to take care for outside the village and she is coming back tomorrow. Oh and she gave me this..." Shikamaru broke their ritual silent trip home and put a small piece of paper in Temari's hand.

"I understand, and what is this?" She slowly tried to unfold the paper. "Shikamaru? Are all of these the chores?"

"Unfortunately, yes. This family business came as surprise, so she asked us to finish everything."

Temari was still reading the list. Vacuum, dust, wash..., wash,... paint..., mow the lawn... Oh man, I really wanted to...

"I think that we should decide who's doing what now. I'll take the mowing and maybe dusting the carpets. I think you can take care of the rest, considering you are faster than me. This way both of us will finish everything at the same time and you won't get to complain for waiting."

"Ha ha very funny, you'll be doing more than just that, this list contains like 10+ things. But I was really looking forward planting those flowers with your mom. Ino said the order would be ready today. Maybe tomorrow..."

"Why don't we stop at Ino's shop and pick them up? I mean, while we are here..."

Temari nodded and they went to shop. Flowers were ready as Ino promised. As the order was being packed, Shikamaru was looking at Temari's face. It was glowing...Man, she is cute when she's happy.

"I think this is the last bag... unless you need anything else, Nara?"

"Ino, why do you ask me? Ask her, I am here just to help her carry all of this..." Ino's words broke the trance he was in.

Ino was purposely looking at Temari the whole time, but as Shikamaru made his comment, she turned her head to face him. "Oh, I almost forgot, are you coming tonight?"

"Yeah, yeah of course. Don't worry, do you need me to bring anything?" He answered.

"Well he is going if he finishes his chores" Temari joked at the same time as Shikamaru replied.