The Great Escape: Loki Laufeyson x Asgardian!Reader

Start from the beginning

"None of the sorts." He muttered, casting his enchanting eyes back to YN's. "I was born to rule." YN nodded, making a face.

"Weren't we all." She murmured, rolling her eyes. "Look, I don't really care about your tragic backstory or your shameful past, I just really want to see the look on Odin's face when I get the hell out of dodge." Loki frowned, intertwining his fingers as he stared at the smaller woman.

"You speak like a Midgardian." YN smirked, shrugging her shoulders as Loki put the pieces together. "You're going to Earth?"

"It's on the table." Loki nodded, patting his knee. "I visit frequently, their lives are much more... carefree. There's no destiny, no birth rights to become a warrior or a boiler. You can be who you want to be."

"And who would you like to be, Lady YN?" YN sighed, looking down to her hands.

"Free. I have lived my life in the shadow of Sif, constantly compared to her skill, her beauty." YN scoffed, shrugging her shoulders. "I do not wish to be a warrior any longer. I am done fighting for a King who does not care for his soldiers."

Loki grinned, a plan forming in the back of his head. "Get me out of here." YN frowned, raising an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" Loki nodded, getting to his feet and looking down on YN.

"You really want to even the playing field?" Loki smirked, stepping up to the barrier. "Let me out. Take me with you."

"You want me to take you back to the planet you nearly destroyed?" Loki poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, staring at YN with a deadpan look. "No way."

"It was not my intention to cause such chaos on Midgard. The Tesseract is a powerful energy source, it sucks you into your desires. I could not contain my own impulses." Loki said, lowering his gaze.

"You're saying you had no choice." Loki shook his head, frowning.

"Not necessarily. All I'm saying, is that with that much power pulsing through your veins, it is hard to deny yourself your greatest desires." YN nodded, getting to her feet.

"I do not see how I would be able to release you, anyhow. They will not trust me enough." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"I have an idea."

------------------------------------

"He wants to go where?" Thor asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "Absolutely not."

"Thor, please. It's been nearly three months and I cannot get him to talk to me other than his expressive want to visit the library." YN groaned, clasping her hands in front of her as she stared up at the blonde man. "I will take good care of him, I swear. I'll watch him like a hawk."

"Like a what?" YN puffed out a breath, turning her back to roll her eyes. "Never the matter, I can release him into your care for the afternoon, but it cannot be brought to my father's attention, do you understand?" YN bit her lip to repress a relieved grin, nodding her head.

"Understood, your highness." YN watched Thor sigh, rubbing his face before the two of them headed toward Loki's cell, YN a few paces behind Thor with a huge smile on her lips. Loki rose to his feet with an unamused lift of his brow.

"Hello brother, Lady YN." YN didn't anything as Thor looked up to his brother.

"Lady YN has generously decided to accompany you to the library that you insisted om visiting." Loki sighed, nodding his head. "But you must remain in restraints."

"Of course, brother." Loki said, running his tongue along his teeth. "Thank you for the generosity, Lady YN."

"Of course, your highness." YN smiled politely, but Loki saw straight through it, forcing away his own grin of success. Thor left after letting down the barriers and clasping Asgardian cuffs around Loki's wrists. YN watched Loki step down in front of her, her heart speeding up. "You're taller than I remember." YN said, her eyes grazing up Loki's figure.