1

Humming with the song playing on her phone, a 10 year old Mitsuki laid on her bed reading her book

Humming with the song playing on her phone, a 10 year old Mitsuki laid on her bed reading her book. Piles of other books were on top of a small table in the middle of the room with a purple and blue carpet underneath it. The walls of her room were plan light blue, with framed pictures of her family and her friends were neatly nailed on one side of the room. Her room led two doors, one led outside as the other towards her wardrobe. A big bookshelf hug itself with the wall, a desk right beside it with a lamp turned on. The curtains from her window blew as the cold wind entered the room.

Feeling the cold, the girl quickly stood up and close the window, sliding the curtains closed. She had realized it was almost night time, therefore she had read her books far too long as she thought. Just before she started to put the books away, footsteps were heard running towards her room.

"Mitsuki!" Yelled a boy her age. He stood in front of her room as the girl opens the door.

"Oh, Kei! Hello-"

The boy grab her hands, surprising the girl. "Help me toss, please! My brother isn't around so I have no one to help."

"Hehe, sure!" Mitsuki chuckled as she struggle on her feet as they skip down the stairs from the first floor. She saw her mother in the kitchen, drying off the plates that were just washed. "Mama, I'm helping out Kei for a bit!"

The mother smiled to the two and how their friendship has been. "Get home before 8! Dinner is waiting."

Mitsuki hummed, putting her shoes with Kei. "Oh, and make sure you take care of your glasses! Don't want it break like last time."

"I will. Bye, Mama!"

The children laughed together as they went outside to Kei's home next door. Their homes were close to each other, so it won't bother the parents since they usually hang out in each other's homes.

They made their way at the back, finding a volleyball waiting for them. They both started to do passes at each other. Sometimes a bit higher than them as it pass their heads sometimes.

"Ah!" Kei suddenly exclaimed Mitsuki turn her attention towards him. The ball landed on her head making her squealed. "I forgot to mention, wanna come with me to watch my brother's game tomorrow?"

Rubbing her head while holding the ball, she replied. "Come to think of it, you haven't seen one of his games since he started high school, right?"

Kei shook his head. "Not once. So I planned to go there secretly! Oh, Yamaguchi will come too, so that makes it 3 of us!"

Mitsuki blink before putting a finger on her chin, thinking. "I don't know. I might have piano lessons..."

"Come on, you've been doing piano lessons a long time! Take a day break!" The blonde pointed out.

Adjusted back her glasses, Mitsuki smiled. "You're right. Sure, I'll come!"

It made the boy smiled back as he jump for joy towards the girl, hugging her as the ball fall off of her hands. "Thank you! Let's cheer him loud enough for him to hear!"

"He won't be focusing on his game!"

Kei laughed as Mitsuki followed along, gaining the woman inside the house attention as she smiled. "My, those two get along so well."

•==========•

The sound of crowds cheering filled the gym as the game between Karasuno and another school almost finish a set. Kei frown as he watch the game, not seeing another blonde on the court.

'Where...' He thought as he scan the court as well as the side line players. He didn't see his brother anywhere.

"Look! Not even my brother is there! All those guys cared was the little giant because he's good! They only accept people who's good!"

A boy yelled out beside Kei and another boy with freckles, Tadashi. "All right we get it!"

Kei didn't pay him any attention as he continue to watch the match in dissapointment, as he thought. "Kei..." He felt a slight tug on his jacket, turning to the girl beside her. "Over there."

Mitsuki pointed in front of them, Kei turn his head to see who he was suppose to cheer for. He let go of the railing as his eyes met with the surprised brother of his.

"Lame."

It's what Mitsuki heard from her friend. After the game, Kei's brother volunteer to take them home, Tadashi included. After dropping off Tadashi and parked near their house, Mitsuki hesitant to leave Kei's side as she watch him quickly went inside his home.

"Oh, Mitsuki. How's the match?" She heard her mother asked, walking out of their home.

"Well..." The girl push her glasses back as she felt it slipping off. "I enjoy the game, but... It didn't work out as we planned."