How Far is Too Far?

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, Serena. Take a shower, I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

One Hour Later...

Ash sat at the table eating breakfast while reading the newspaper. All that's ever on the news today is the change in rankings in the World Coronation Series. Ash is currently sitting pretty at Rank 99, in the Ultra Class. While its quite far from Leon's Rank 1, or the Master's Eight, being Top 100 in the world ain't shabby either. Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms around his shoulders. He looked over, and there stood Serena staring at him with her beautiful blue eyes and adorable smile.

"Hello Ash. Enjoying breakfast?"

"Sure am. Care to join me?"

Later...

Ash and Serena walked on the streets of Vermillion City, basking in the lovely sun light, and taking in the beautiful beach view. It truly is a wonderful place to have a walk, made even better when your significant other is there with you. Ash wanted to slap himself for not noticing this beauty when he arrived at the place the first time. The whole time, Serena clung onto Ash's arm like a child. Not that he minded of course. Ash rubbed the back of his neck, and suddenly his hand felt upon a wound on his shoulder. The very place where Goh had bitten him a week ago. Ash grimaced slightly as he thought back to that night.

"What happened to Goh that night? He acted like a feral animal! Did he finally snap?" Ash thought to himself. He started thinking what made the normally wimpy and shy Goh suddenly turn into something inhuman. "Perhaps the stress got to him." Ash said aloud.

"Hmm?" Serena looked at Ash perplexed. "What are you talking about, Ash?"

"Oh nothing, Serena. Just thinking about what to do about, you know."

"Oh, him. Don't worry Ash, once we get rid of Goh, we'll have nothing to fear! We can finally relax!" She smiled at Ash, and he smiled back. 

"Will killing him really solve your problems?"

Ash blinked and shook his head. That voice again.

Several minutes of walking later, the Vermillion City Airport came into view. Ash and Serena walked towards it, dodging the large hoards of tourists exiting the airport. Given the city's proximity to the ocean, it's only natural that Vermillion is a tourist hotspot. Among the sea of tourists, one stuck out to Ash the most. It was a girl about his age wearing a white beanie, which covered her blue hair. A yellow backpack hung from her back, and a digital watch is worn on her left arm. The girl seemed to be focused on a map.

"Is that?" Ash started walking towards her, with Serena in tow.

The girl looked down from the map, and noticed Ash.

"Ash?"she asked.

"Dawn?" came his reply.

"Ash!"

"Dawn!"

The two old friends ran towards each other joyfully. Dawn held up her palm, and Ash knew what's coming. He gives Dawn a high-five, their classic thing. Both Ash and Dawn laughed, happy to be reunited after nearly 3 years apart. "Dawn! What are you doing here in Kanto?"

"Here to see you, of course! I didn't know you're staying in Vermillion!"

"It's a beautiful place, don't you think?" Ash looked around, before noticing Serena staring at them. "Oh right, where's my manners. Dawn, this is Serena, my girlfriend, and Serena, this is Dawn, my friend whom I travelled with in Sinnoh."

Both girls shook hands with each other and smiled.

'Wow, Ash got himself a girlfriend? About time! She's a real looker too! Ash sure got himself a big one!' Dawn thought to herself.