Thirtyseven.

Don't cry, don't cry, do not cry. Jane tightened her jaw and walked up to the front door. She took a deep breath and pressed on the doorbell. For the entire evening, she had been restless, creating and thinking about every possible scenario. Jane took a deep breath; her breath was shaky, and she looked away.

The door opened. "Hey," Callum said, surprised when his eyes fell on the young lady who was standing on their porch.

Jane looked at Callum and pressed a smile on her face. "Hi, is Marcus home?"

"Yeah, he is. Come in," he replied and stepped away from the door. "How are you doing?"

"Meh, fine," she mumbled and closed the door behind her. She took off her shoes. "You? You did well out there." It was just small talk.

While Callum and Jane had a small talk, Marcus and Mick were talking in the living room. Marcus was collecting his stuff.

"I'm going to see Jane," Marcus breathed and put on a hoodie. "I don't know if I will be back tonight, just lock the door. Are we expecting someone?"

Mick shrugged. "I have no idea."

At the same time, Callum walked back into the living area while talking to the person who had just arrived at their place. Marcus parted his lips when he saw who was standing behind Marcus now.

"I'm faster this time," Jane managed to joke, but it felt awkward. She shortly showed a weak smile, but she was nervous. "Hi."

"Jane..." Marcus' voice was soft, he didn't expect her to come to his house.

She looked away. "Oh, gosh," she mumbled. "I promised myself not to cry," she said and felt warm tears rolling down her face. They came out of nowhere. Jane placed both her hands on her hips and bit her lip.

Marcus dropped his stuff and walked over to his girlfriend. He opened his arms and wrapped them around Jane's neck. "Don't cry, babe," he whispered and pressed her against his body.

"I'm sorry," Jane mumbled and loosely placed her arms around his middle. She hid her face in his neck cavity and tried to hide all the ugly sobs.

Tears flowed into his eyes. "Don't say that," he softly said and pressed a kiss on her hair.

It was such a weird situation. A lot had happened in the past two weeks with different emotions: anger, panic, happiness, loneliness, sadness... and miss. They both missed each other and couldn't wait to see each other, but they needed to talk.

"Hey," Marcus said and pulled back. He cupped Jane's face in his hands and wiped away the tears with his thumbs. "Don't cry."

Their eyes locked, and so many emotions were shared. Jane bit on the inside of her cheek and held in her breath, she was observing Marcus. He showed a small smile, but it was a warm smile. He stroked a piece of hair behind her ear and wiped away a lonely tear that rolled down her cheek.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. "For not being able to call back." Marcus swallowed hard.

She shook her head and leaned in, leaning her forehead against his shoulder. She felt how Marcus wrapped his arms around her, it felt like a coat of protection and love washed over her. It made Jane wrap her arms tightly around his waist. "I don't know how it happened."

"I know."

"I...I don't know Norris. I was waiting for you together with Giuseppe, and he happened to be there. I don't know why people made this up. They must've seen us together, right?" Jane pulled back and looked at Marcus. "This is a lie. I would never betray you, never."