ARMIN ARLERT- OCEAN EYES

S3 Spoilers (?)

GN (Gender Nutral) Y/n

Y/n's POV

It'd been 5 years since the mission to retake Shiganshina, the place Armin, Eren, Mikasa and I grew up. Everyone had changed so much since then, one way or another.

We were miles, miles, and miles from the walls, riding our horses through the hot sand. Where? To the sea, hopefully. We followed Captain Levi and Commander Hange as they led the squad under the sun, no shade in sight. I look over at my boyfriend of 6 years, Armin, and noticed his face looked sad.. I lift my hand from my horse reigns and put it on his. He looks at me with his once bright ocean eyes. I manage a small smile as reassurance. I hated seeing him like this.. Sad and lost. It pained my heart more than anything ever had.

Soon, there was a large wall in the clearing, covering everyone in cool shade after being in the sun for hours. We all looked at it, and I heard Eren from between Armin and I. "We're close.."

We rode around the wall and saw bits of grass poking from the sand, then leading to a small, grassy hill. I look at Armin hopefully as we slowly have our horses trot up the grassland. We reach the top and we're left breathless.

Just below, was a sandy clearing, and a large body of water the sun reflected off of. "We made it.." I gasp with bright eyes.

We dismount our horses and leave them on the hill and run down to the area. I take off my shoes and roll up my sleeves and walk into the water, the cold liquid shot a jolt through my entire body. The sand under my feet as well as the small waves tickled my feet making me giggle.

I saw Armin beside me crouch down and scoop something in his hands. Water dripped from between his fingers and in the water that remained in his palms was a shell. He looked at me with a bright, genuine smile on his face, his ocean eyes full of life like they had been all those years ago. I only wished they wouldn't loose their light again...

Word count: 376