Fourty || Dinner with the Dunbars

Start from the beginning

"I do actually. My boyfriend and his best friend are on the team." Jacy gave a soft nod before setting down her fork on her near empty plate.

"I used to play myself in high school." The doctor smiled, reliving glory days. "Once I came into Liam and Felicity's lives, I taught Liam."

"Much to my dismay," Felicity said with a grin, squeezing her husband's hand. "I'm always so worried about Liam getting hurt."

"Are you going to play for our team?" Jacy asked the fifteen year old. "Try outs are in a couple weeks and we could use a few good players."

Liam nodded after a moment, not a huge fan of all the attention on him. "Yeah, I definitely want to. This guy I met today, Garrett, was telling me the days they're having open practice."

"Did you play for Devenford?"

There was a hesitation in all of the Dunbars, something clearly being left unsaid.

"He did but it wasn't quite working out," Felicity said, unaware Jacy could hear the jumps in all of their heartbeats.

"Well, let's hope our team will be better for you," Olivia kindly said, trying to break the tension. "We're happy to have all of you in Beacon Hills."

"It seems like a great town, just with an odd attraction to the..." Dr. Dunbar searched for the right word, "bizarre."

Jacy's phone buzzed from next to her thigh, causing her to glance at it. "Speaking of bizarre, that's Stiles. Mom, could I be excused for a moment?"

Olivia wouldn't have if she didn't know about all of the supernatural that involed Stiles Stilinski. "Go ahead, but be quick."

"Thank you." Jacy slid her chair back, leaving the room and putting her phone to her ear. "Stiles?"

"Hey, yeah could you by chance help me out?" Stiles sounded a little panicked. "Little Derek is causing a big problem. We're about to have dinner with Scott's dad and I could really use you."

"I'm at dinner with the new doctor and his family. I don't-"

"Jace, please. I can smell this going wrong in a thousand ways." Stiles' stress was audible in his voice. "Derek's suspicious because you weren't there to lie to him."

"I, uh," conflicted, Jacy agreed, "give me five minutes and text me Scott's address."

"Thank you so much. I love you."

"You better." Jacy hung up, hesitating before poking her head into the dining room. "I'm so sorry but there's been an emergency. I wouldn't leave otherwise, but it's important." She got a nod from Mom before looking to the Dunbars. "Doctor Dunbar, Felicity, Liam, it was so nice to meet you. Again, so sorry."

Before any of them could reply, Jacy was grabbing a black peacoat and her car keys, out the door within a minute and climbing into her car. Checking for the address, she drove to the McCall household not too far away.

She pushed at her hair, waiting for a green to take over the current red. As she sat there, an eerie feeling crossed her. She shifted uncomfortably, practically flooring it when she got the chance. Pulling up on the side of the driveway, she knew she was at the right place due to the Jeep next to a regulation fed car.

The unnerved feeling stuck to her as she got out of her car. Her eyes lit up as she looked out on the street, the faint sounds of downtown reaching her. She let her eyes fade back to brown, her heels clicking up to the front door.

Letting herself in, Jacy had three pairs of eyes on her. She smiled despite the momentarily sour look on Agent McCall. "Hi there."

Stiles let go of a sigh of relief, "Jace, you're early, thank God.