Take 'Em To Court (Part II)

"You're doing an amazing job." Sigmund praised Erin, handing her a cup of water outside of the hearing room. The boys took turns at the water dispenser, taking a cup for themselves. "I'm proud of you."

"Yeah, Erin. You sound like those lawyers on crime tv shows." Ivan added, taking a sip of his water. "How'd you learn to sound all professional like that?"

"...by watching crime tv shows..." Erin blushed, making the boys around her break out in laughter. The witch sighed. "Guys, I'm sorry about my outburst before. I just can't believe they're trying to make a stupid argument like that, blaming him for getting upset. That professor should be ashamed!"

"You don't have to say sorry." Ivan replied. "He really is the worst. I'm glad this is our last term with him. It's been the most rough, especially since his looks have changed." Sigmund nodded.

"As if this term couldn't get any worse." The sorcerer breathed, leaning sideways against the wall. "I feel like a fish out of water this term and he hasn't been any help. The way he was looking  at me during those lessons, I've never felt like that before."

"Looking at you?" Erin asked. "What do you mean?"

"I mean after he found out we were bringing him to a hearing. All week, he's been giving me dirty looks and making me feel uncomfortable."

"I noticed that!" Nicolai gasped. "I think a lot of our peers did."

"And that was just looks he was giving me..." Sigmund added. "Imagine how Kyle felt being insulted too."

"Maybe you should speak out about it." Ivan suggested. "You know, speak about it to everyone from your perspective." Erin's eyes sparkled and she hopped in excitement for a moment.

"Yes! Yes!" She smiled towards Ivan, hugging his arm. "That's a great idea! Especially because they're trying to blame Kyle's school performance on the reason why he was upset. If the Wizard of the Year speaks out and tells everyone how he felt this week, it'll make their argument invalid!" Ivan only responded to her with a cheesy grin, mainly because she was hugging him. Sigmund rolled his eyes and tossed his cup out when he finished off his water.

"Ja, okay. I'll speak up."

As the hearing was setting up to begin again, the teenagers tossed their cups and followed behind Sigmund back into the room. Nicolai took to the bench again to be questioned while the others went back into their spots to listen in. Professor Flan, at his side of the room, had been whispering to the elf and the pair nodded at one another before the elf walked out to begin again. Headmaster Merlin slammed his gavel to silence the room and motioned the questioning to start once everyone was quiet.

"Ahem, Mr. Othonos..." Solitaire the scrivener started after clearing his throat. "You mentioned before the recess that Mr. Bloodworth-Thomason had struggled with conjuring fire last term, is that correct?"

"Yes.." Nicolai responded hesitantly.

"Do you also recall the professor suggesting a tutor for Mr. Bloodworth-Thomason?"

"Um...no? I mean, I don't remember..."

"Headmaster, if I may, I'd like to turn my attention to the jury and inform them that Professor Flan had suggested the wizard have a tutor help him learn fire magic, to which he rudely rejected and declined."

"Yeah, after the professor called his conjuring hot garbage!" Ivan called out from his seat. "I remember. He insulted him first! That's why he said no!"