Chapter 8

I dig some rocks out from the wall as I push myself off the rock and down to the metal platform. My landing sent some vibrations along the ground, shaking some of the cave. I growl and allow Joker to slide off my back.

My left ear flicker as Nightwing runs forward. I roar and jump on him. With the tail, I am able to restrain him. His eyes widen as I smirk before throwing him to the rocky wall of the cave. Slamming him face first.

"Hello, Batsy. Hope you like the surprise."

"Joker." The two adults begin to fight as I turn my head to the staircase seeing Robin already looking down at me.

He glares and launches himself down yelling out a battle cry. I jump up, standing on my back paws, and grab his shirt before tossing him over to Nightwing. the two groan at the compact and dust.

I walk over to the two before turning around at their left side and sitting on my ass. I look over to the two adults fighting and so do the bat children. I am waiting for something to show itself.

I don't have to wait long as Joker sent Bats to hit a wall cupboard whose door slants. The glowing green brings me to flick my ear upward and head over. I scrape the dust that fell over to the bats to blind them allowing me to continue my venture.

I raise myself up on two legs, my arms turning human and my claws scraping the door off its hinges. The two glowing green vials that hold what I need greet my gaze. I grab them both and chug them down.

A golden glow shines from my stomach and engulfs me bit by bit before I let out a strong pain-filled scream. My vision goes white as such energy fills me to the brim.

I drop down to my knees and see I have returned back human-like the Joker did nothing to me. The green liquid worked. The Lazarus pit liquid healed me and made m grow into the assassin I was supposed to be.

"Kira!?" Damian's voice fills my ears with honey. Glad all that poison is gone.

I stand up straight, flicking my brown hair back and look at Damian. I smirk at him before walking over and giving him a hug.

"Glad to be me again, D." He is frozen but soon welcomes my embrace.

"What?" He pulls away confused.

"The reasons of what I did are still unclear for you but will all be clear now. The reason I fought and became the best assassin was that I had poison in me. I was sick and if I didn't gain your grandfather's favor and am allowed near that green liquid then I would have died years before Joker took me in. But Joker too could only decrease the poison and halt my death date a few years with his torture and hell. I soon found out about the assassins falling and heard Batman was your father which made me realize he too," I looked over to Batman and Joker who look over to us. "would take some liquid for himself or for his personal use in any case arose." 

I turn back to face Damian and pull his mask off. I gaze into those green eyes of his and relish in the love that warmed me and filled my whole body with euphoria.

"I always loved you and when I find you alive, I had to fix all these painful scars. I made the escape and got Joker to want to come to find the bats for a final battle but it never came to that. I got the vials that never belonged to batman in the first place and helped heal myself." I explain the whole plan I devised the moment I allowed myself captured by the Joker.

"So you never hated me or wanted to kill me?" Damian asked.

"No," I shake my head. "That all was for the drama you know I love to endure."

We both share a laugh and soon lean in for a long-overdue kiss.

*Awe, such a happy ending.

Comment on your thoughts and feelings.

Enjoy=)*