2

Kishibe thought it was suspicious since the day Makima placed Hirato as her lieutenant. Even more so when he snuck himself into the database to see his records and when he opened the folder, there was nothing.

No last name, no education background. Nothing. Makima never intended this, though. She's just as confused as he is and for the first time in a long time, it drives her crazy. She smiles at Hirato whenever he's around but as soon as he returns to his room, that calm demeanor falters so fast. She was mad, mad at the fact that she thought almost everything and everyone was predictable, below her even and yet this one being under her roof remained a mystery.

'Who are you?'

As suspicious his presence was, Kishibe later on couldn't help but like the boy just a bit. Unlike Makima, he had no malice aura around him. He genuinely was mysterious but it's not like he wanted to be that way.In a way, Hirato looks confused himself. He had a coffee break with the other devil hunters and there, right in the middle, Hirato sat all by himself in a white table with a single bowl front of him. Kishibe arches a brow and looks over only to see the raven-hair boy slurping the same, bland noodles he'd usually eat.

"Plain noodles again, Hirato?" Hirato blinked and looked up curiously with noodles in his mouth. He swallowed them in one gulp before smiling,

"Yes, they're quite delicious!" He smiled happily like it was the best thing in the world. "And you, Kishibe? You're not just going to drink dirt, aren't you?"

Kishibe chuckled before plopping into the chair next to him with coffee mug in hand,

"This dirt is actually quite delicious," Kishibe smirked. "And no, I got something of my own." His hand shuffled into the inner pocket of his leather coat and once he found the sensation of wrapping, he took out a squished up ham and swiss sandwich he got at a nearby bakery. He had to admit, he almost forgot about it.

It was cheap and quick on the go but Hirato didn't care. As soon as he saw that sandwich, he nearly drooled at the sight. Marveling at the baguette and melted cheese inside of the plastic, he had to try it.

"C-Can I have that?"

"Hm, have what?"

"That..thing you have there." He points at the sandwich.

"You mean my sandwich?"

Hirato cocked his head,

"Is that what they're called?" He asked and Kishibe wrinkles his face in concern. Has he never tried a sandwich in all his life?

"How about we split it, yeah?" Hirato eagerly nods at that before the man scoffed and began to unwrap the food. Hirato sat there patiently, gulping down his saliva when he got closer and closer to unraveling it. It felt cold in Kishibe's hands. Its toasty heat gone after being stuck inside his pocket for hours but he knew Hirato didn't care. He split the sandwich before offering the bigger piece to the boy. Hirato looked at more closely like treasure, eyes beaming and a smile on his face before plucking it from him and chowing down on it in just a matter of three bites.

Kishibe had to ask,

"Hirato, what do you usually eat?"

In between bites, Hirato says,

"Nothing much really. Makima and I eat noodles on occasion but only when we feel like it!"

Kishibe's frown furrowed and Hirato for once catches onto someone's feelings. He flashed a look of reassurance,