1

Hirato's muscles relaxed beneath the soft cushions he found himself laying on. His bare body is draped by cloudy blankets and he thinks to himself, it's the most comfortable feeling he's felt in the longest time and yet, he has no idea where he is in this moment. He would worry about it later but after the excruciating pain of nails and whips, he deserved sleeping in a nice bed. His well-deserved rest would be disrupted though.

The boy kept his eyes shut but he let out a tired moan when he heard a sloppy, wet pant blowing into his ear. He decides to turn around and put the sheets over his head but then, there's a weight that jumps on the bed before settling right on top of him. Hirato was fed up. He thrashed and groaned continuously for the weight to lift itself off his body but it was to no avail. That similar weight multiple. Not just one, but two three and now five.

"Boys, boys! Get off of him! Poor guy just wants to sleep." Several barks respond to their owner and the dogs finally decided to get out of the bed he occupied. He couldn't go back to sleep anymore and decides to hoist his body up to look where the feminine voice was coming from. He rubbed his eyes and his vision cleared up, only to find a girl close to his age staring right at him. Hands tied behind her back, the same as before with the same, pleased smile. She looked unbothered at Hirato and he now starts to wonder where he is.

"W-Where am I?" A croak rippled out of his throat and it wasn't long he winced, holding onto his throat. It hurt to talk and Makima clearly saw that.

"You're in my place, of course."

His brow furrowed, still slightly exhuasted.

"Why? Why not a hospital instead?"

She looked almost shock but she catches herself off guard and concealed it with a chuckle,

"Silly, do you really not remember what happened?" Hirato thought long and hard but nothing. He sat up, looking between his legs covered by the thin, white sheets. The only thing he could muster was the pain. The pain of lashes and nails.

"Sinner."

"You don't belong in this world."

Anguish moans fill the air as people next to him thrash and moan but it was no avail, it was those nails that pinned them down. Blood seeped through his forehead and he looked down with his mouth parted, dry and thirsty for water but instead, Hirato was given spit and dirt. Hirato's body felt fragile like glass. He didn't have the strength to escape.

"You were crucified, remember?"

"C-Crucified?" Barely managing a word, he decides to remain silent and let her explain the situation more.

"Yes, that town of yours went dark for a week and when we sent some devil hunters, we found out the town was under the control of the mind devil."

"Mind devil?"

"Yes, a devil that can control people just by looking at them. You and many others were then crucified. The others didn't make it, but you, you gasped for air. After all this time, you were still alive.."

She continued,

"I didn't take you to the hospital because those wounds you had, next thing you know, faded completely. As if they healed themselves. Fascinating, isn't it?"

Hirato didn't react. He acted as if it was supposed to happen and this made Makima stitch her eyes in frustration. Why wasn't he explaining right about now? Instead, he had a very sullen look. He held the sheets tightly and looked as if he was going to break.