Alison sighed again and sat on a chair. "I have already been engaged in this life. I have been targeted last night." said Alison. "And my mother doesn't want to leave, so I'm connected to this life forever. But the question is, can I leave even if my mother would come with me? Do I want to leave and go back to my previous life? It seems that part of me craves this chaos."

Ben chuckled under his breath and sat at well. "We all have the devil in ourselves." he said. "So don't be worried if it's convincing you to stay. But I can assure you that you will not be engaged in any dirty works or mafia works and we will do anything in our power to protect you. That's for sure."

Alison stared at the table silently. Leaving there meant she had to leave Alex as well. She didn't know why, but the thought of not seeing him and her stepbrothers was making her sad. "How did you join the mafia?" she asked without looking up.

Ben raised his eyebrows and looked at her a bit shocked. "Well I was born into the mafia, just like your brothers." he said and scratched the back of his head as Alison looked at him curiously. "My father, Tony, is Albert's right hand. They have created this empire together. I'm taking his place as Mason's second in command while Rich is his right hand."

"Why?" asked Alison confused. "You could have left once you were at the age. Why did you stay? Why did you choose this life?"

"You mean being a criminal?" asked Ben with a sly smirk. He laughed when Alison rolled her eyes. "Well, It's hard to say, sweetheart. Once you get engaged with the mafia it's hard to leave. We are loyal to each other, especially the inner circle who are like family members, and family members protect each other, even if it means giving your life. I stayed because I wanted this. To stay side by side with my brothers."

"Are you ever planning to go out?" asked Alison. "What you are doing is not right, you know that? Selling drugs, weapons, human trafficking."

Ben scrunched his face in disgust at the last thought the last part. "Ugh, Alison, please don't think that low of us." he whined. "We have never done and will never do human trafficking. We have forced so many gangs and mafia families to stop human trafficking and will deal and stop those who do that nasty job in our territory." he paused and continued once Alison nodded. "And for your question, if you want the truth I never have thought about it. Never anyone has asked it from us. But I don't know. I for sure will never leave my brothers. Changing our business? Nothing is impossible. But it needs so much preparation before we want to quit and for that, we have to vanish from the surface of the world. We have so many enemies."

Alison sighed and stood. "Thank you for answering honestly, Ben. I should get ready for school." she said and walked to the door.

"I wish you think about what I said, Al." said Ben softly when Alison reached the door and she turned to him. "Your new family has gotten attached to you a lot. I wish you have gotten attached as well. We need you here. All of us."

Alison nodded her head once and left the kitchen. She took a long hot shower and then changed into her floral blouse and skinny jeans. She then french braided her hair, applied a bit of makeup to cover a few scratches on her face. 

Just as she grabbed her bag and phone and was ready to go, the door of her room opened and two sleepy James and Jordan walked in. The sight of their sleepy grim faces while walking to her in their pajamas brought a smile to her face unconsciously. "Guys, you really should learn to knock." she scolded with a hand on her hip, but the twins ignored her and both hugged her tight around the waist and buried their faces in her belly.

Alison ran a hand through their messy hair. Her heart was melting. How she was spoused to leave these two at least? "Hey, buddies." she cooed kindly. "What's wrong? Another nightmare?"