Surf with the sun

A/N) I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG I'VE HAD EXAMS!!!RN I SHOULD BE STUDYING IN MY CLASS BUT PFFFFF I SHALL BLESS MY READERS FIRST!

I yawned, stretching my arms up to the sky. Dusk was one of my favourite times of the day. The perfect balance between hot and cold, it was especially beautiful if you lived on a beach that watched out over the horizon of water. Or maybe the view I was actually watching was the lilac headed boy surfing along the waves occasionally letting out a laugh before tumbling under the waves.

My board was stuck tip down in the sand as I slid myself off of my lounger and walked towards it. When we got our boards I had insisted we had them custom made. And as my design it was the Toman symbol with the 'twin dragons' circling it. I grinned. We planned on going back to Tokyo a day before Mitchy and Mikeys wedding just so we could crash it, of course after the ceremony. Now having reached my board I hefted it out of the sand before turning to the ocean one arm wrapped around it and running towards the crashing waves.

We did this almost every night, surfing till the sun went down and once it did, we would sit on our boards feeling the water moving beneath us as we watched the stars. I would always hum a song out there, just for Takashi and I. My brother from my past life used to hum it to me when I was a baby, I'm sure he would've loved to meet my new family. I sat up dead straight before paddling back towards land. I had no intention of heading back inside but Takashi didn't know any better. I pushed the tip of my board down into the sand leaving it to stand there before I turned and quickly hit his arm "Tag, you're it!" Then I turned and ran down the shore line as he ran after me laughing.

We had run along the shore line before blindly running through the trees up onto the hill that hung over the ocean below. I turned to smile at him only to already be met with a smile from him. When I thought I had surprised him tonight I was wrong, because he was the one surprising me. He had gotten down on one knee and his hands were shaking and honestly my eyes were tearing up already, then he looked up, dragging me down into his violet eyes into the deep depths. Then when I had finally collected myself he pulled out a small velvet box. At this point the tears were really starting to pour down my face as he said those famous words, "Ino, would you do me the honours of sticking with me till the end not only as my friend but as my lover." I said I was crying right? And I honestly couldn't tell if he could hear me say yes considering the amount of sobs my throat was letting out. I took a few deep breaths before replying with my voice a little firmer "y....-yes." he smiled which quickly disappeared as I tackled him, holding him tight in my arms. "I'll stay, always and forever."

I woke up the next morning lying next to him, his face burrowed into the crook of my neck. With some struggle I was able to lift my hand up to the light admiring its beauty. In the dark last night I wasn't able to see it properly but with the light I could see it perfectly. It was a dragon, it curled up my ring finger, its head ending up at the tip of my finger. It was honestly incredible it was so beautiful the way it shone in the light the way it was able to bend with my finger. I turned my head to rest my chin on top of the sleeping boy's head breathing in his scent before gently detaching myself from his grasp and sliding off the bed and moving towards the kitchen.

Mitsuya pov

I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes, his signature dish. I stretched my arms and yawned as I slid off our bed and slowly made my way to the kitchen. He was standing in front of the stove not realising I was there as he was humming his favourite tune. I slowly made my way over to him before wrapping my arms around his waist and bending down slightly to rest my head on his shoulder. "It smells delicious." He giggled still concentrating on the food but I knew most of his conscious focus was on me.