Monday cocked a brow at her cousin, who neared her ear to the phone to listen.

"Reparation?"

"Yes, meet me at the Sacré Coeur in an hour."

"Pardon? You're in Paris, and you think I'm just going to run outside because Mr. Mosely said so," Monday said while snapping her fingers.

"No, I think you're going to come because you're as curious as a cat."

"Kenneth, I'm busy."

Luce shoved her, and Monday grimaced. All Kenneth heard was faint shuffling sounds."

"Monday?"

"Yes."

"Please come; I really want to see you," Kenneth said.

The tone was different from the one he employed a minute ago.

"It's late, Kenneth."

Luce gripped her cousin's arm and sunk her nails into it while widening her eyes.

"Awww. Oi-oi-oi."

"Monday."

Luce showed Monday her gritted teeth and whispered, "go, you, idiot."

"Monday?"

Luce let go of her arm.

"Kenneth, eh,ㅡalright," the woman said, gasping. Luces' grip was something else; it was hard to believe she had such strength.

"You will?" Again the response was one the man had not imagined.

"Yes, in an hour at the entrance."

"Okay," Monday could almost hear him smile. They hung up.

"You stupid, stupid woman," Luce said while slapping Monday's shoulder, "did you really plan to decline?"

"Luce, I told you."

"You did, but the man left you his number. He called you, and you're still conspiring, thinking he's playing you. Kenneth Mosely has no time to play. You said it yourself he's busy, yet he found a slot in his schedule to squeeze you in, and you dare say, oh, it's late; I'm busy. As if a Squid Game, Adaline, this okra and dodo plantain couldn't wait."

"Look at me, Luce. I've got to get dressed and all."

Luce pursed her lips Donald Duck style and cocked a brow, "go and get ready."

Monday had limited time; she took a quick shower, slipped on a black slip-on satin dress, and put on her perfecto. She excluded heels for the pain and sneakers too casual. As for the shoes, Montmartre was a place where people walked. She opted for 1460 Cap Toe Bex; the boots were made for walking.

She had no idea how the man would dress or what activity he could have in mind. The truth was she didn't have the time to care.

Luce ordered her a Uber while Monday applied a light foundation fluid, a Rare Beauty blush, and her FENTY Uncensored stunna lip paint.

"Good luck, see you tomorrow," Luce said.

"Don't say that," Monday raised her head from the shoe lacing she was doing, "I won't sleep out. He won't have me this time."

Luce tossed Monday her Sezane Margot purse, and the woman left.

It was only once the Uber drove out that Monday realized she forgot to put on her eyeliner.

Kenneth waited on the Sacré Coeur steps. He wondered if the woman would have the same effect on him. One thing was sure her voice sounded better when face to face.

Monday, who knew the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, climbed up the stairs from the side of the building. She didn't wish Kenneth to see her walk to his position. She startled Kenneth, who stared down the stairs with a tap on his back.

"Kenneth."

The man spun around; he fixed her face. Something had changed. Mondays' braided hair needed a minute of assimilation by Kenneth. It wasn't just the hair; the woman looked younger. Her stare was less intense. The liner, the infamous eyeliner, and mascara were missing.

Mondays' face seemed makeup-less though it glowed. The man's eyes traveled to her attire. Her style was very rock and black while his was casual with the dark brown Chelsea boots, dark rinsed jeans, and green sweater because well ginger, auburn, or red hair never went without green.

Unlike Kenneth, who scanned the woman from top to bottom, Mondays' eyes worked from his shoes to his face.

The man smiled," good evening, Monday."

It was odd to hear her name pronounced by him.

"Good evening, Kenneth."

His smile broadened. Kenneth liked what he saw and heard, as his heart's slight acceleration attested.

"So sacré Coeur, huh?"

Kenneth threw a glance over his shoulder, "I realized I've never been."

"And you won't see the inside tonight. You should come in the daytime."

"I landed earlier on, and I guess I was eager."

Monday bit her lip, "are you always this frank?"

"One has to think to lie, and I already think more than I need."

Monday had forgotten her eyeliner, but the red of her lipstick could shoot the man down. The urge to kiss her grew with every second that passed.

"Have you eaten?"

"No, I was about to with my cousin."

"Your cousin, which one?"

Kenneth did listen to what she said that night in his suite. The man who spent his time speaking was more of a listener in private. One because hearing himself became tiresome. Secondly, people let out more than they imagined when they expressed themselves. Bodies spoke and revealed things about the person.

"Luce, I live with my cousin Luce. She's a nurse; we're so used to being together."

"Oh, I see. So you haven't eaten, do you want to dine with me?"

Monday smiled internally. If the man thought she would take him home, he dreamt awake.

"Yes."

"Great, they began to go down the steps."

"So, what brings you here?"

"Business," it wasn't a lie. The man dubbed the woman as such.

They began to walk. Kenneth seemed to know where he was going. He didn't ask where or what she wished to eat, and Monday soon understood why.

Kenneth knew Paris by day, its business hubs, cultural sites, but he didn't know its secrets. All cities had spaces even unknown to nationals. It was those places he sought for their rendezvous. The man wished to surprise the woman in her territory.

"Where are we?"

"Maison Souquet," Kenneth said with his best attempt of a French accent.

"Never heard of it."

"Then it's time to discover," Kenneth said as the automatic portal of the hotel particular opened.