Chapter 42: The New Debbie

"DEBBIE!" Constance yelled from the side and ran towards Debbie. So did Nine, Amita, Rose and Daphne, Lou just froze on the couch. Debbie didn't hesitate to hug back, she hugged everyone with all her heart. As they hugged Debbie, the warm love that filled the air was indescribable, and it stung their eyes. All of their hearts finally felt full. Debbie, was on the edge of her seats and so close to breaking down, but she held it back because her make up and everything was already applied. "Guys, guys, guys, please, I have make up on."

"Debbie..." Constance whispered right under Debbie's embrace.

"Yes, hun." Debbie caressed Constance as she missed the young one the most.

"Why'd you have to leave?" Constance asked. Although they all knew why, Constance wanted to know why Debbie had to shut everyone else when the heartache only evolved around Lou.

Debbie glanced up and met Lou's eyes and both had a moment of eye contact until Lou looked away. "Well, Constance... uhmm, I'm here now. I'm... I'm sorry guys. I, I just... Can you forgive me?"

"Of course, Mama Debs. We'll always love you."

"Alright, alright, back up guys, c'mere, Debbie right?" Nicole asked as she neared Debbie and gave her a hug as well. Debbie nodded back as she was wrapped around Nicole. Lou, right now, watching her sister hug Debbie, her old lover, gave birth to jealousy. She too wanted to hug Debbie, but knew it'll end up bad and it'll be awkward. Nicole continued, "You're the one that everyone cried about every night. You ran away right?"

Everyone was in silence now. But Debbie didn't want any silence or awkwardness just when she met them now. "Yeah, and your my brother's-"

"Fiance? Getting married in 2 hours."

"Yeah. I remember I met you long back."

"Yeah, I saw you crying at Tammy's wedding. Someone broke you real hard, little one."

There was a lengthy silence from everyone now, including Debbie.

Nicole cleared her throat as she noticed the silence. Nicole noticed how Lou didn't dare look Debbie in the eye. Her eyes were glued to the floor, which was strange. But Nicole noticed that Debbie stared at Lou with all her heart. "Lou, don't be rude and give her your friend a hug. It's been what? 5 years?"

Lou POV:

It's Debbie. Debbie, the one whom I fell in love with. The one and only Deborah Ocean that made me fall in love with her.The only one I had the most fun with. The only one that made me feel like I belonged. The only one that made my heart Until I did something out of stupidity because I misunderstood and thought she never had feelings for me. How dumb I was, she did. But by the time I was told she did, it was too late, I caught feelings for someone else my heart never wanted. And in return for my stupidity, she ran away. But now she's here. Right in front of me, hugging everyone and looking as beautiful as ever.

I guess it's been a really long time since I haven't seen her, but she's more beautiful than the last time I saw her. The dress defined her curves, her- just in general, she's breathtaking. The others hugged Debbie, but I sat still on the couch. What should I do? Hug her and tell her how much I've missed her? No, It'll be awkward and it'll be the most stupid thing I say considering the fact I cheated on her within just 20 minutes. Do I say hi and just smile? No, it'll be weird. It's been a while. When you haven't seen anyone for a while, nothing will ever be the same. Maybe they'll never be the same either.

"Lou, don't be rude and give her your friend a hug. It's been what? 5 years?"

Oh dear, Debbie's brother is getting married to my sister. MY SISTER. NICOLE MILLER.