VIII

"The sun has set sire, you're certain the lady asked you to meet at an amphitheater?" Taehyung hung his head low with a sigh, the twilight was indeed canopying the marmalade sky

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"The sun has set sire, you're certain the lady asked you to meet at an amphitheater?" Taehyung hung his head low with a sigh, the twilight was indeed canopying the marmalade sky. The young boy took a seat next to the man and looked at him with a feeling of sympathy.

"It might not be my place to say this but, maybe she duped you thinking you wouldn't, uhm fall for it?" Jungkook instantly regretted uttering those words because the man's face suddenly contorted into disbelief, his hands coming to settle on his unkept hair in shock. Taehyung felt more embarrassed than hurt, after all she was just a stranger he had encountered last night! She might not have meant it obviously, why in the world did he think otherwise?

With wishing nothing more than to sleep his humiliation away, the doctor got up from the step of the amphitheater where he was seated and turned around to look at the place a last time. Just to make sure Sooya had indeed not arrived at their decided meeting spot.

Jungkook had been overjoyed when the young sire from the previous night had come in search of him at the reception, wanting a favor from him. Never wanting to keep debts, he was more than delighted to become his local tour guide for the evening and take him to all the nearest amphitheaters and recite their great histories and legends. But it all simmered down to nothing as the man was headed to the places just with the intention of meeting someone there, which although did seem a little disrespectful as he didn't even want to enjoy or learn about the monuments, he was happy to do the job. But never did he mention that he would have to take the man back to the hotel while consoling the dead seeming man. He would not utter a single word and simply nodded at every conversation the bellboy tried to initiate. It was starting to get a little irksome.

"What are your exploration plans for tomorrow? I have a whole pamphlet of places you can visit in just the course of one day, isn't that exciting!" Taehyung nodded soullessly, all emotions void and locked away from his eyes. The boy could do nothing but sigh defeatedly.

"I feel like we should return back to the hotel."

"As you wish, sir."

1st January 2000 

It is with great humiliation that I admit my folly of chasing behind a stranger, only to be stranded alone in the midst of the ivory pillars. It was surreal, the weather changing from hopeful spring to an ice cold winter. Yes, I speak like an insanity driven man but that is just how today concluded. Waiting for her in that large open space yet feeling the area enclosing upon me, leaving me with limited air to suck in. I still find myself introspecting as to why I had collected myself in hopeful pieces to meet her.

~V

Taehyung sighed as he closed the black leather cover and placed it on his bedside table. Today was a lot, with not even getting a glimpse of the intriguing woman. He had been sustaining the entire night just on that promise and he pitied himself for that. She had treated him like any other normal human being but his heart won't hear any of that logic. All he knew was he was yearning the witty journalist's company.

With no other plans for the night, the young doctor got up wearily and headed towards the bathroom to change into his night clothes. It would do him good to get an early sleep, he thought. Maybe his mind would stop degrading and spewing insults at him for having made an utter fool of himself today.

Taehyung shut the door and took off the nice satin shirt he had worn for the supposed evening meet. It was deep blue which was a nice contrast to his unblemished skin. The shirt fell down with ease as he put on his night shirt on autopilot. He wasn't even paying attention to his shirt not being buttoned properly.

Getting out and looking around his room, the doctor thought of how nice of a suite his mother had booked. It had all the modern amenities, a working crt television, a nice queen sized bed with plush mattress, a small yet effective room heater - basically what any lay man desires for on a daily basis. He plopped on the mattress and was lying on his back and with his eyes closed, the teasing voice of Sooya still running through his head when he heard a slight commotion outside his room.

"I'm not sure if I can-"

"Well, I say you can. All I'm asking you is whether this is the room of Mr Kim Taehyung- the foreign doctor, how can you not know!" the woman said with her tone mocking the poor bellboy and Taehyung had never ran that fast in his life.

The voice was unmistakably that of Ms Sooya.

-