"Fair warning, we going to Aunty crib first, she wanna see you bad after finding out you was getting out today. I told her not to make no party or nothing. But you know she don't be listening so just have ya wits."

Cube sighed before placing another fry in his mouth. He didn't understand why anyone wanted to see him. He wasn't a good person. For his aunt to be happy he was coming home....it really didn't make any sense.

He did murder her sister.

Marcus pulled into the driveway and Cube already knew there was a room full of people waiting. Just by the cars lined up and down the block.

Crumpling the empty food bag, he kept it in hand as he got out the car. He tossed the bag at his cousin, who tossed it in the trash and they began to head for the front door.

"She not slick. It's way to many cars out here." Marcus mumbled.

Following behind Marcus after he unlocked the door, Cube entered the house he used to spend nights at. Remembering the last time he was here, was when he was smaller.

People excitedly cheered as he stepped into the house as his Aunty Sahmira coming towards him with open arms.

She took him into her arms and rocked him side to side. He stood uncomfortably, waiting for to be released.

"I missed you so much baby boy."

He didn't respond as she stepped back and looked him over.

"You need a shave boy."

He shrugged as she pinched his beard between her fingers.

Heading back for the kitchen, she stopped and smiled at other family members. There weren't too many people in the house, but it was enough.

Cube leaned against the wall, choosing not to speak to anybody else to avoid any more hugs.

He eyed his aunt in the kitchen and tried to mask the uneasy feeling he felt looking upon her face.

It was hard to not think about Shannade when he looked at Sahmira. They were twins after all. He knew his aunt was nothing like Shannade, but the feeling never seemed to fully vanish whenever he saw her.

The slight twinge of hate & rage. The unsafe feeling and ptsd perching on his shoulder.

He shut his eyes for a moment, feeling a hand on his shoulder. Opening them he looked up to his right.

"You straight Sire?" His uncle asked him lowly.

He always liked Desmond. He wasn't Marcus' real father, but he damn sure treated everyone like his own blood. Including Cube.

He gave him a slow nod "no", and Desmond frowned. He tilted his head towards his home office , letting Cube followed his trail.

Desmond really was the only person Cube willingly spoke to, he was a father figure to him and he knew Desmond genuinely cared.

Stepping into the office, he shut the door behind them before taking a seat.

"I know that was probably too much for you, but you know there no talking Sahmira out of something.

"It's ight."

Desmond eyes his nephew in law, seeing the pain clear on his face. Desmond knew that Sire thought he was a master of hiding his feelings, but he could always see through his facade.