.one.

The light sheet of snow crunched under his timberland boots, as he took his first steps outside as a free man. Snowflakes falling above his head, following the guidance of the wind as it blew past him.

A toothpick wedged between his teeth as he exhaled, sending a noticeable fog from his nostrils. He was barely warm, due to the fact that he was wearing the same items as when he was brought in.

Stopping at the reinforced gate, he turned his head and gave a deadpan expression to the guard.

"You'll be back." She spoke.

Probably. He thought to himself before turning his face back to what lied ahead of him. The gate buzzed loudly before the click & clacking sounded of. Giving notice that the bolts and locks were becoming undone, on purpose.

He let his feet carrying him further from the prison, spotting his cousin leaning against his car, a smile on his face.

The closer he got, the more excited his cousin became, damn near jumping at the sight of his younger cousin finally coming home after 4 years.

"Cube!"

"You need to calm the fuck down."

Marcus sucked his teeth, still a smile remained on his face.

"You always so damn mean. A nigga missed you man."

"Go on man."

"Nigga fuck you, I'm finna hug you and ain't shit you gon do about it."

Marcus wrapped his arms tightly around his family. He knew he wouldn't hug him back, but it didn't matter. He was out now, and standing in front of him.

Cube stood still, waiting for his cousin to let him go. Not emotions across his face other than slight annoyance. He hated being touched, but he tried to understand how his cousin felt. He hadn't seen him in forever, and they were once inseparable.

Marcus finally let him go and stepped back, that smile still beaming across his face.

"Alright come on. You going home."

"Ion even have a home."  Cube pulled the toothpick from his lips and dropped it into the snow.

"You think I was gon let you be homeless or sum? I gotchu a lil spot, and don't even trip on it. I gotchu, you my family."

Marcus tapped the hood of the car before walking to the drivers side, leaving his cousin to let himself in.

Sitting in passenger, he kept quiet and though to himself.

Family. Mccht. Ain't never brought me no good.

"You hungry?"

He gave his cousin a nod as the engine turned.

"Ight. Oh! Get that bag in the backseat bro."

Glancing behind him, he spotted a manila plastic bag. Grabbing it he brought it to his lap.

"Gotchu a new celly."

He gave another head nod, without a word. He was thankful, and Marcus knew that well enough. Cube didn't need to confirm it by speaking.

The drive back to his familiar neighborhood didn't take long, after stopping at the Wendy's, Cube ate his fries and burger in silence as Marcus bobbed his head rapping along to whatever was coming through the stereo.