"Well, the alarm was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source," Dale reasoned, making Shane straighten himself and send the old man a glare. "I'm not arguing. I'm just saying," Dale shifted his gaze over to Glenn and Kloe with disappointment. "It wouldn't hurt you to think things through a little more carefully next time, would it?"

Her best friend and herself shared a brief glance before apologizing to the man at the same time, "Sorry."

"Got a cool car," Glenn brightened up, gesturing to the scarlet red car. Agreeing, the brunette nodded. Everyone stayed silent for a moment before the girl's brother placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm glad you're alright, both of you," he looked back at Glenn and Kloe with a grateful smile. Simultaneously, everyone's gazes fell on the approaching truck. Kloe was unable to hold back a smile, since Rick would've been able to meet everybody there.

The Schmidt girl stepped to the other side of the car beside Glenn, leaning against it. She held up a clenched fist for a fist pump, simply getting one in return from Glenn. "We did it once again," she whispered proudly as the two sisters, Andrea and Amy, rushed towards each other, embracing themselves in their reunion. The two cried into each other's necks with happy tears.

Soon, Morales' kids called out to him as he stepped out of the truck. They rushed over to him and engulfed him with their arms. Kloe's smile only dropped when she saw Lori and Carl in the distance, stepping away. She had told her the other day that her husband, who was also the father of Carl, had died from a gunshot wound.

"How'd y'all get out of there anyway?" Shane inquired, setting his eyes on Glenn and Kloe as Zayn unexpectedly wrapped an arm around his younger sister's shoulder.

"New guy, he got us out," Glenn answered.

"New guy?" Shane repeated.

"Yeah, crazy vato just got into town," Morales spoke, spinning his head around to the truck as one of the doors opened, "Hey, helicopter boy! Come say hello!"

The door slammed shut as the new guy, Rick, slowly approached the group, hands on his hips.

"Dude's a cop," Kloe began, smiling at Shane, "just like you."

Shane glanced over at the new guy, his eyes starting to widen with shock. The brunette girl whipped her head around to Rick who also had the same expression. She watched Rick's eyes set on the two Grimes', Lori and Carl. That's when realization came to action. The shocked girl felt her nose burn as she watched the two slowly set their gaze on Rick.

"Oh my God," Rick whispered, abruptly walking forwards towards the two. A large smile plastered onto Carl's face as he sprinted towards the man.

"Dad! Dad!" the boy cried, wrapping his arms tightly around his father, falling to the ground. Loud sobs escaped their lips. Kloe felt her eyes begin to water at the happy reunion of the Grimes family. This was probably the happiest she had ever been for a long, long time.

The man stood up, still having Carl's arms wrapped around Rick's neck, stepping toward his wife, Lori.

...

"Disoriented," Rick muttered around the fire. It was now evening time, and the group had decided to set a fire. Kloe sat beside Glenn, who was also sitting next to T-Dog on a log. Her brother, Zayn, was placed on the grass in front of her legs, leaning back gently on them. Kloe hadn't eaten anything else but peaches, but she figured soon she'd have to eat some meat to gain some weight since she was rapidly losing it. "I guess that comes closest." The brunette girl's gaze fell onto Rick, who had Carl in his lap and Lori beside him, stroking his hair. "Disoriented. Fear, confusion... All those things but... Disoriented comes closest."