Chapter 6: Be Wary Of The Upcoming Storm

He didn't know why it surprised him. He'd known the Uzumakis for years now. He should've anticipated anything from them.

Despite it, Sasuke was still surprised.

The outraged shout by a familiar voice made the few people wandering the mall turn their heads in curiosity or chastisement. Whichever it was, it wasn't like any of the onlookers would interrupt an infuriated snarling redhead practically ripping and yelling into a younger blond male's ear while sitting on top of the individual's back. No, the handful of people simply looked away, knowing that it would be for the best to ignore trouble.

Unfortunately, Sasuke knew he couldn't follow their example. He sighed, taking a big gulp out of his veggie smoothie and looking up at his brother at his side. Itachi asked the younger raven with his eyes and his sibling nodded solemnly.

"We don't have to-" The older Uchiha began. Itachi sincerely wanted to prolong the amount of time his younger brother would talk to Naruto again. He wanted Sasuke to recuperate fully without the blond interfering, specially since now he was fully aware of his dear otouto's feelings. It also didn't help that the Subaku was there as well.

He should've proudly known, though, that his little brother was no coward.

Sasuke scowled, rolling his onyx eyes and started heading toward the bickering Uzumakis, all the while taking subtle sips of his drink through the blue straw. Itachi faintly smiled, quickly catching up.

"Itai~! Itai~! Niisan! Stop!" Naruto cried out helplessly, arms flailing around him, as Kurama started pulling both ears.

"Why the fuck should I stop, you little piece of shit! Why in the world of fucks didn't you answer the fucking phone, you spoiled brat! Don't you realize how damn worried I was?! Huh?!" Kurama was screeching very loudly, starting to send repetitive fists onto his otouto's blond head. The older Uzumaki's face was as red as his hair, which could've been nearly floating around him like angry waves, yet the tears rolling down his cheeks were clear demonstrations of the relief he was feeling.

Gaara frowned worriedly as the punches became a bit more violent and the redhead Uzumaki was beginning to yell out longer strings of curses, but as he made motion to save Naruto, he was startled to have been stopped, by his older brother of all people. "Niisan?"

Shukaku chuckled at the expression of his sibling. "Raccoon-kun, I don't think it'd be a good idea to intervene if you value your life."

"But..." Gaara concernedly eyed the two siblings in front of him. He blinked when he saw the Uchiha brothers make way toward them, and made the horrible mistake of catching Sasuke's gaze. Gaara wasn't amazed at all of the look of pure hatred, but he was stunned to see a flash of jealousy barely cross those ebony eyes before they became stony and hard to read. Even Itachi seemed to be sending waves of negativity toward the youngest Subaku.

Naruto groaned, tears welling up in his tightly closed eyes. "Aniki...I'm sorry!"

Kurama stopped his fit, panting and jumping off his brother, hands still clenched in yearning to continue pummeling that irritating boy. He turned with his head bowed, red hair shielding his face like a veil, giving the now sitting up Naruto his back. "Y-You better be, you goddamn little bastard! Fucking..." The older Uzumaki's shoulders started to shake as he struggled to gain back his composure. "Kami-sama, I-I swear..."

Naruto stared up at his big brother with big blue eyes brimming with tears. The guilt eating away at his chest was almost killing him, his heart actually felt as if we're ready to burst any moment now. The blond bit his lower lip hard, gulping and curling his legs up to hug them to his chest. "Listen, Kurama-nii, I...I just..."