Chapter 7

Summary:

Sunshine has a praise kink... and Crosshair is well aware of it.

Notes:

PURE PWP AHEAD. Don't read if you're not into smut!

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Crosshair had watched you carefully over the last few months, noticing the way your body reacted to the praise that so carelessly fell from Tech's mouth. You thrived from it all, crying at the thought of someone being so proud of you, that you did a good job –

It's no secret he wanted to be the one to tell you those things too.

The sharpshooter lets the praise fall from his lips as he's helping you adjust your aim on the firing range, voice low enough to cause the rumble in his chest to reach you.

"That's a good shot, Sunshine," he hums, hands on top of yours as you pull the scope from your eye.

Your stomach flips as he pats your hand, heart stuttering. "Thanks, Crosshair."

This continues for some time, with Crosshair teasing you, praising you in your private training sessions. Whenever you're near him now, your heart rate instantly increases, awaiting whatever praise he'd award you.

The wide-eyed look you'd give him in response to his words went straight to the sharpshooter's heart. He wonders, locked away in his quarters at night, what it'd look like underneath him, away from the shooting range without the uniform and the datapads and the –

Your physical contact with Crosshair increases, from the time you landed in his lap on the Havoc Maurader to the little touches to your back after he praised whatever you'd been working on - shooting, data processing, even just standing there started to earn some form of praise whispered in your ear.

You were confused, wondering why Crosshair had suddenly doling out praise for everything you did until it started to dawn on you.

Oh.

Outside the door to Crosshair's quarters, you pace nervously. You weren't the greatest at recognizing feelings - hell, even recognizing that Wrecker was interested in you was hard, and he was obvious!

"Door's open, Sunshine," he calls from the other side, and you slap at the keypad to open it.

Crosshair is lounging on his bed in his blacks, toothpick between his teeth - you smile nervously, heart hammering in your chest.

"Am I –" you start, trying to put together the right words.

"A good girl?" he smirks, tossing the toothpick into the bin as he crosses the floor to you.

An embarrassing sound falls from your lips as you avoid his gaze. That was just unfair.

"Been wonderin' how long it'd take you to put it all together," he teases, a hand coming up to your cheek. "Though it could've just started to rot your brain, maybe I should stop –"

"No!" you quickly object, finally looking up at Crosshair.

He smirks in response, thumb tracing a gentle circle into the skin. "That so?"

You nod, eyes wide as you grab at his shirt, hands shaky as you paw at the material. "Crosshair, I –"

"Tell me what you want, Sunshine. I'm not a mind reader," he smirks, voice low as his hand trails up your jawline and into your hair.