Chapter 3

Wrecker knew you were somewhere around the command center - Hunter had pointed him in that direction with a feeling of concern before heading into the command meeting on the other side of the base.

"C'mon out, it's jus' me!" Wrecker calls out to the recently emptied room, looking for you.

There's a thump from the center console - the giant's booming voice causing you to bolt upright from your nap.

"Kriff," you murmur, sliding out from underneath the display.

"Woah, careful there!" Wrecker cringes, watching as you rub at a spot on your temple.

" 'm fine," you mumble, blinking as your eyes adjust to the light once again.

He clicks his tongue, large hand soon brushing over the red spot where you'd hit your head against the console. He feels a bit guilty for making you hit your head with that much force, and he knows there's going to be a bruise there soon. "Y'should sleep in a bed, y'know."

"I wasn't sleeping," you yawn, "just napping." Wrecker's hand is warm against your skin and you sigh, melting into the touch.

"Well you're gonna sleep now, an' I'm gonna make sure of it."

"I can go watch more holovids, I don't need sleep," you mumble, objecting quietly as Wrecker scoops you up, one hand minding your head.

"If Crosshair needs sleep, you need sleep, tiny," he laughs, chest rumbling as you slowly give in. The pet name is comforting - tiny, since you're so small against him - and you yawn again, stretching in Wrecker's arms as he carries you back to the racks.