Chapter 4

The Bad Batch as a whole have decided to start training you. They see that you have a lot of potential - and obviously lots of energy - that they feel that not only can you handle it, but that you'll thrive from it as well.

Tech starts giving you tips for managing data and getting beyond firewalls. He's the first to "teach" you, as the two of you get along easily due to the nature of your position as an intelligence officer. It's not as formalized as the others, the lessons woven into conversation as you both stand at the console.

Wrecker takes you to the gym for weight training. It's cute, the way he looms near you - no other person dares to talk to you when you're there. He starts with the basics - forms with no weights - and even takes the opportunity to show off what he can do.

Hunter gives you close combat training and - yes, he gives you a knife. It takes a while for the two of you to begin training though, since your high energy can be overwhelming for him. He enjoys watching you learn and grow beyond the datapads and HUD videos, combining your intelligence with bubbling physical abilities.

And then there's Crosshair.

When he realizes that your only training with a gun was during the Academy within the first few weeks together, he ushers you to the firing range with him. Getting you there isn't hard - you've found that you like watching the sniper at work - his footage is some of your favorite, anyway. The weapon is almost the size of you, which prompts a smirk, and Crosshair's intimidating aura keeps a lot of command at bay. He doesn't physically correct you, though - he's the one most hesitant to touch you. He's torn between keeping a distance and accepting his feelings from the moment he first watches you hit the target. Much like with Hunter, the sniper doesn't quite know how to deal with your energy when it's just the two of you together. He admires your passion, though silently, and sometimes you can catch a smile playing on his lips before he surrenders to his feelings.

Your eye for detail carries over into this skill, and he wonders what it would be like if you managed to learn from him - what would your confidence be like?

The question honestly pops through everyone's head - that maybe passing their skills onto you would help make you the best version of yourself.

They like the thought of that.