9

"Ponyo?"

I looked behind and saw Gyuri in her bike. I smiled as she came towards me.

"Hey," I greeted. I was on the bus stop waiting for the last trip since I didnt notice the time. Me and Jiheon had chatted a lot at the library, thats why.

"Why are you here alone? Wheres Jiwon and Seoyeon?" she asked and hopped off her bike.

"I didnt notice the time and got caught up chatting with Jiheon. And the two are already back home."

"Well, I´ll stay here first until you get on the bus. You´ll get lonely," she chuckled. I looked away to hide my reddening cheeks.

"It´s fine. I can manage," I said.

"It´s alright, I insist," she stubbornly said. I didn´t try to argue anymore since she´s stubborn as a puppy.

"Did Seoyeon and Jiwon told you that they´ll come to our place this weekend?" she stated. I looked at her in surprise then shook my head.

"No, they didn´t. What are they going to do there? If you dont mind me asking." I was curious. And why wouldn´t those two tell me about this?

She shrugged, "Just gonna hang out. Will you come too?"

"If I´m invited, why not?"

I suddenly remembered Jiheon´s words.

Why dont you invite her to hang out with you? That way, you guys will get to know more about each other.

"Or if you´re not busy, can you accompany me somewhere?" I boldly asked. She wasn´t able to answer me immediately, probably thinking of her schedule first.

"Well.... I´m not that busy actually. Where to though?" she curiously asked. I just smiled at her.

The doorbell rang and I assumed it was Gyuri. It´s Saturday and we´re going somewhere.

"I´ll get it!" Seoyeon went to open the door since she´s the closest to it while I was still tying my shoelaces. The moment she opened the door, Gyuri´s face appeared, smiling brightly.

"Gyuri-unnie!" Seoyeon exclaimed and fist-bumped the puppy.

"Hey, Seoyeon. Is Jisun there?"

I quickly went to get my things and before Seoyeon could answer, I went to towards them already.

"Hey, Gaejookie. Shall we go now?" I asked and was about to drag her but Seoyeon spoke again.

"Where are you guys going?" she asked with a teasing look. I rolled my eyes.

"Somewhere. Bye!" I said and dragged Gyuri with me before the panda could ask more questions.

"So... now may I know where we´re going?" Gyuri spoke.

I almost forgot that I was still holding her hand. Her voice brought me back to reality. I looked at our hands and in an instant, my face became a dark shade of red. I carefully let go and looked away, fanning my face instead.

"Um... well, you see.. uh, Jiheon asked me to help her bake cookies. And um, I figured she´ll be happy if you come too since, you know... you´re her appa." I know. I look dumb right now. My inner self is giving me multiple slaps and scolds, don´t worry.

She then giggled and lightly ruffled my hair. "Why are you so cute right now, Ponyo? Well then, if we´re on the way to see our daughter, then we should stop by to buy some ice cream for her," she pats my head once more then walked ahead.