He'd Do Anything For You

Blinking slowly, your blurry surroundings were beginning to come into focus. The bright light in the room was hard to get passed, but your vision soon returned to normal. There seemed to only be one way in and out and there was a significant lack of windows anywhere. The walls, floor and ceiling looked to be made out of steel and the room was completely bare, besides the chair you were attached too. You made an attempt to get up from your seat, but metal restraints kept you locked in place.

You had no idea how long you had been in here and with absolutely no natural light, you didn't even know what time of day it was. Your eyes glazed over as your quirk went off. Kosuke and Aimi had made it to Mitsuki and Masaru's house, but Katsuki had yet to arrive. Apparently you hadn't been here that long. Moving further into the future, you tried to see if they'd be safe there and if Dabi had any idea that that's where they ran off too. But you couldn't watch for long, the metal door across the room was swiftly opened with a bang.

Jolting upright in your seat, you watched Dabi enter the room, taking slow measured steps in your direction. The door closed behind him, clicking shut and further locking you in with him.

"Look who's awake," the kindness in his eyes from before was now just a flicker of what it once was.

"Where are we?" You asked, not in the mood for small talk.

He looked around the room and his eyes circled back to connect with yours. "You mean to tell me you don't recognize this place?"

A chill ran through you at his words. It couldn't be, could it? The bunker had been obliterated all those years ago. Was that what he meant when he said he needed to get things perfect for you? He actually took the time to rebuild this underground torture chamber.

"I suppose you never went into one of these rooms," he mused. "So how could you tell?"

He stared you down, his icy blue eyes could have pierced through you. His gaze left you stunned into silence, your mind now rapidly searching for something to say to get him talking.

"He'll find me," you blurted out, but you were grossly aware that it would make no difference to Dabi. "And when he does-"

"Your hero of a husband?" Dabi cut your threat off. "Oh I'm counting on it. This isn't just about you and those brats of yours. Not anymore. No this is so much bigger than that. But I guess I should fill you in."

It never made sense why they were after your quirk, but once you found out it was Dabi who was behind all the letters, it occurred to you that this might be his way of getting revenge. A way to make things even, he'd take your quirk in exchange for you taking in his boss. But now that he was saying that there was even more, you were at a loss for words.

"Let's start at the beginning," he spoke, preparing himself for this seemingly long winded story. "After I found out you had been working with the heroes I made my escape. I will admit my reasons for coming after you were petty at the start, but it soon became apparent that you were worth so much more."

His footsteps echoed off the walls as he paced the room with an almost thoughtful expression. "After we brought this group back from the grave, we began experimenting on quirks again. And it dawned on me, your power has so much more potential. I could only imagine what this treatment would do for you. But you surprised me before I could make my move. You actually settled down and had kids and that led to the most wonderful idea. What if you did all the work for me?"

That was what he wanted with Kosuke and Aimi? A better form of your quirk? Something that would already be upgraded? Dabi waltzed towards you, resting his hands on either one of your restraints.

"Tell me what their quirks are."

You tried to pull back, but he had you trapped. "I figured you'd already know," you bit out.