2:4 - Duets

Y/n's POV:

My eyebrows pinch together and I shake my head." Wait wait, how did you get that so fast?" Raising my hand, I scratch my head confusedly.

I'm sitting next to Quinn in the music room and we're doing our homework while everyone talks around us. She's been helping me with Algebra. I was good at Algebra at my old school but then again that was Algebra I and this is II.

"That's cause you're using the wrong method." She giggles and shakes her head, pencil pointing to the top of my paper." You're supposed to be factoring."

My jaw drops and I look at her paper." Ooohh. Right." Then I start erasing my work as Mr. Shue comes in." Thanks Quinny," I say as I bump my shoulder against hers and she smiles.

"Alright, let's uh, gather around." Mr. Shue calls for our attention. I look up at him as everyone finds their seats." Sorry I'm late guys, I was with Principal Figgins." The man sits on the stool by the piano." Bad news guys. Puckerman's in juvie."

"What the hell?" I ask with a frown. I was just hanging out with the guy like two days ago.

Tina says," it really was just a matter of time."

"What did he do?" Quinn asks with a disbelief in her tone.

Mr. Shue sighs," he drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM."

As everyone laughs and Britt calls Puck dumb, I can't help but wonder what the hell he was thinking? I mean I get he's cheap and is far from rich but still. He couldn't possibly have been thinking.

"Guys, let's have some sympathy." Mr. Shue looks disappointed and slightly annoyed.

When Finn speaks he sounds annoyed." For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad boy stage presence."

True.

"We can't look at this as- as a crisis." Mr. Shue replies." It's an opportunity."

"For what?" Quinn asks.

"More embarrassment. Possibly losing at sectionals." I say and she points at me, clearly having had the same thought.

Mr. Shue glances back then stands up," for welcoming our new member. . . Sam Evans." He points to the door as the blonde boy from the football team comes in.

Quinn gets that "oh shit I'm screwed" look on her face and I almost laugh a little.

"Hey everybody, I'm Sam." He introduces himself as he shakes Mr. Shue's hand. I raise my hand a little and wave, then he says the corniest line ever." Sam . . I am. And I don't like green eggs and ham."

My eyebrows raise and I give Quinn an amused look which makes her smile and shake her head.

From behind us I hear Santana say," oh wow he has no game." Which makes Sam's face drop a little.

She's rude so I'm not surprised she'd say something like that right in front of him without a care in the world how he'd feel. I just shake my head a little and look back down at my homework.

The awkward silence is broken before it can settle in by Finn." Okay! This is gonna be great." He stands up and walks over to Sam.

After Sam and Finn sit down, Mr. Shue explains this week's assignment: a duet competition. Whoever wins gets dinner paid for by him to Breadstix.

It sounds like fun but a look around the room reveals my lack of options. I already know Mike and Tina, and Finn and Rachel are working together. I'm not cool with Santana, like at all. And I'm not sure Kurt would really do a duet with me.