The Winter Ghost Bride

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

Snow... So white and pure... Ayame personally liked the snow. Despite often being linked to death and hardships. She preferred it when snow was compared to innocent or unblemished things. Used to symbolize tranquility and beauty.

In places like Japan, they often used the color white to represent mourning and death. Snow was also often used in media to foreshadow upcoming wars. Deep and falling snow was particularly used to represent hardships or death. Melting snow could symbolize a new beginning or the end of hardships. Because snow covers everything and changes a familiar landscape into something new, it can be associated with transformation. Snow was often used to depict a life-changing situation.

As Ayame watched the snow fall from the shop window, she hoped the snow before her symbolized tranquility and beauty. Rather than future hardships, death, or yet another life-changing situation in her life.

Her first life-changing situation with started with a mansion appearing out of thin air, a tan talking cat and a special broach he had given her. Leading her to new friends, old-new friends, a brother she never knew she had, and the love of her life. She fought against evil and remembered her past life. Now that the past had been put to rest, she could finally focus on the present and future.

With only two days before Christmas, Ayame just wanted some peace for herself and her friends. She had been busy ever since the 15th with the fall of the Dark Kingdom and the week after cleaning up after the enemy. She hardly had time for Christmas shopping.

Looking back at the others shopping with her, Ayame couldn't help but smile at the others she had asked to join her on this trip. Along with her was Naru, Usagi, Ami, Makoto and Taura.

All her friends from Juban Middle School were with her. After learning Usagi and her friends no longer remembered meeting each other, Ayame and her team had made it one of their missions to get the girls back together again.

The first order of business had been meeting them again and introducing themselves. Honestly, it wasn't to difficult to meet Ami and Makoto again. Ayame remembered when she was first introduced to Ami and Rei by Usagi and they had all gone to the park Ami frequented.

It was as simple as pretending to bump into her while going through the park. Ayame helped her with her books and they got to talking, which lead to Ayame introducing the blue haired girl to Naru and Usagi.

After that, Taura handled Makoto. They had been in gym class that day when the two had formed a bond of friendship. Both were athletic competed against each other during class. They talked after and they even sat together for lunch. Ayame joined them and eventually introduced them to the rest of the girls.

When Usagi, Ami, and Makoto had introduced themselves, the others had watched with baited breaths. Searching for anything that could show their plan was working. After they had finished introductions, the girls saw it. It had been a brief, tiny spark. But a spark none the less. A brief feeling the three of them had gotten that they had met before. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Ayame hoped spending time together would help jog some memories, but there wasn't much development on that front.

In the meantime, Ayame was getting her last bit of shopping done. She had needed presents for her parents, Jadeite, Chiyu a.k.a. Zoisite, Teiso a.k.a. Kunzite, and Masato a.k.a. her beloved Nephrite. Not forgetting the girls, Naru, Usagi, Jing, Taura, Nanami, and Hiroko. She hadn't gotten presents for Ami or Makoto since it would have seemed strange with them meeting just recently and becoming friends mere days ago. She did get something for Yumemei.

Ami was getting a present for her mother and Makoto was shopping for her Christmas dinner since she lived alone and didn't have any family members. Ayame had offered Makoto was welcome to join her and her family, but she declined the offer.