Chapter 16

2nd Person POV

The moon was out, just under half of it showing as you walked down the pathway of your local park, Nishinoya beside you. He had finished his popsicle and had stolen yours before you even had the chance to start eating it. Asshole.

The park was vacant as the sun had set almost an hour ago so you two were alone, well other than a few odd people passing by. It was very piece full. The only constant sound being the crickets and the rhythmic tapping of your feet.

Glancing around, your eyes landed on Nishinoya. You admired how he looked so calm, a rare expression from him. His eyes scanned the dim sky, looking as though he was trying to understand each and every star he saw.

"They're beautiful aren't they?" He asked, still looking up.

"Yeah, they are." You kept your eyes on him. He turned his head, making eye contact with you.

"I think I just slapped with an extra cheesy pizza."

"Oh shut up. All you are is cheesy." You rolled your eyes.

"Look swing!" He pointed to the lonely tire swing. There were a few things like that spread across this park. Stray sandboxes and slides spread throughout the path, separated from the main parks at the beginning and ending of the concrete trails. "Let's go sit." He grabbed your arm and pulled you.

You each sat down on the opposite side of the swing and began to gently push off the ground with your feet.

"I remember coming here all the time in high school." He looked around.

"Me too. We made some good memories."

He smirked, "We sure did."

You started to laugh. "I can't believe we did that!"

"You have to admit, it was pretty hot."

"It was! Oh, and do you remember when Hinata broke his noes over there?!" You pointed to a tree.

"We all thought he was dead!" You laughed.

"Didn't Tsukishima kiss someone here too?"

"He did, Kana! I miss them!"

"Miku reminds me of her a lot."

"Yeah, I'm a little surprised Tsukki isn't closer with Miku."

"Bad memories maybe?"

"Maybe." You shrugged. The two of you sat in silence for a moment, recalling all the good times you had in the park. "So, why did you ask me out here?"

"To kill you," Nishinoya said almost immediately.

"What?!" You sprung up and stepped out of the tire.

He laughed, "I'm joking!" You didn't sit down. "Common N/n, I swear I'm only kidding." He reached his hand out to yours. "I promise, it was just a stupid joke to freak you out."

You sighed, took his hand and sat down again. "If you kill me I am so gonna haunt your ass."

"I'll hold you to that." He smiled at your pout. "I wanted to talk about your letter."

"Oh, right, the letter." You looked down.

"I just want to say thank you for actually replying to it. I know mine was kind of... a lot, all at once. And I know you were going through shit, most of that being my fault. It just- it felt good to see how much you cared." He paused, "You'd really do anything for me?"

You looked up, "I said I'd go anywhere not do anything." He scoffed.

"Wow, ok, thanks."

"I would though, I mean I think I would."

"I think I would too." He squeezes your hand. "Because I love you."

You blinked, it'd been a long time since you heard him say those words in person. "I love you too." He slowly started leaning towards you.

"Can I kiss you?" He breathed against your lips, you could feel his hair brush against yours when you nodded your head.

His lips made contact with yours and you melted into the kiss, for a moment you forgot about everything around you. The swing that held you up, the trees that surrounded you and shielded you from peering eyes, the moon up above.

"Wait," You pulled away, "I need to tell you something."

Nishnoya started at you, head slightly tilted and lips tinted pink from your gloss, "What's wrong?"

"We can't do this right now."

"Why? You're not still with Akio are you?"

"No, no I'm not! I meant that I cant do this." He leant back a bit waiting for you to continue. "I want to have some time to myself, for a bit. Like, no relationship at all for a minute. It's what I need after this whole mess."

"Oh..." He mumbled. "Okay." He sighed and pulled away from you. "I understand."

"Are you pissed at me?" He stood up and stepped out of the tire.

"Nah, I get it. You need time to yourself and that's fine. I can wait." His eyes locked with yours, "As I said, I'll wait forever for you." He started to walk off. "Get home safe."

"You too."

***

Your feet dragged against the carpet as you trudged into the apartment. Tossing your keys onto the table beside the door you slipped o your shoes and jacket, placing them both in the closet.

"Hey- a-are you alright?" Yachi sped walked to your side.

"Mhm," you hummed, rubbing your eye. "Exhausted." 'Physically and mentally.' You thought as you made your way towards your bedroom

"Let's get you to bed then." Yachi walked you toward your door. You flopped down n your bed and felt a blanket be placed over your body. A soft 'Sleep well.' bounced off the walls of your room and the lights when out. You fell asleep, immediately, a little scared to step back into the world of being single and in love. 

————————————————————————————————
This chapter was kinda short.... oh well. I don't care. Have a good day/night or whatever.
- char