Chapter 6

2nd Person POV

There was no way that Kiyoko didn't know about Nishinoya arriving home early. Or at least that's what you thought. Apparently, she had been told he was going to be staying at her place and wouldn't be back in Miyagi until Friday, just like Yachi had told you.

You even called Tanaka to see if he knew anything but nope. Nishinoya told everyone he was going to be back on Friday. But why? Why would he lie about something like that? Something so pointless like a day of the week.

That night was restless. You tossed and turned and anytime you managed to sleep all you experienced was five minutes until you woke up again.

All that you hoped was that this whole thing would be sorted and you could move on with your life. Your happy life, that was amazing. That you didn't want to change.

"Good afternoon." You heard one of your coworkers say at the front desk, you sat in the staff room.

"Hi, it's my first day here. Your boss told me that I should come here to get my uniform and everything" A much too familiar voice said.

'No way.' You thought as you stood up and walked to the door.

"What's your name?"

'Please don't.'

"Nishinoya Yū."

'No.' You walked out of the staff room to see him standing there, talking to your coworker.

"What the fuck." You said.

"Excuse me!" A woman beside you said. "Watch your language! There are children here!" She gestured to her son.

That got everyone's attention.

"I'm sorry." You bowed as she scoffed and walked away.

"Y/n. I didn't know you worked here."

"Really? So this is a coincidence too? First, you're my neighbour and now my coworker?"

"Wha-"

"Oh don't act all innocent. There is something weird going on. You lied about where you were staying when you were coming back and now there have been a bunch of coincidences where the two of us just happen to be in the same place. At the same time. Doing the same thing."

"I don't know what you're getting at." He told you.

"Seriously?! Are you kidding me?!"

"Y/n, calm down please." Your coworker placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" You yelled, pushing her off. "I'm just gonna go. I need some air."

You walked outside with everyone staring at you.

About fifteen minutes passed by when your manager walked outside. She sat down beside you on the bench.

"So." She started, "How you acted in there was unacceptable. I don't know what's going on with you but you need to understand that this is a place with kids. It's a place where people come to train and work so the fact that you just yelled and screamed was not ok."

"I know." You sighed. "Ma'am I'm so sorry. I've just been kinda stressed out the last couple of days. Stuff has happened."

"I can tell. I see that you're sorry Y/n but saying sorry won't fix things. There are people in there complaining about how rude you were."

Your eyes dropped to your feet. "I don't usually lash out like that," you mumbled.

"You are an amazing worker Y/n, as your manager, I know that so I'm going to give you a warning." You looked up. "If you wish to keep your job you're going to go in there and apologize to everyone, including your coworker and this new boy. I also want you to pick up a shift later tonight, seven to ten."