--------------------------------------

It's been two days since the establishment of the alliance between the Armed Nation of Dwargon and the Jura Tempest Federation.

You watched as Gazel once again arrived on his...flying horse? What are they called again? Maybe like, pegasus? Well, you didn't care enough to ask.

But this time Gazel brought a gift with him, in the form of Vesta.

....

Isn't this kidnapping? Actually since he's a gift for us, in theory this could be considered human traficking. Actually, what if-.....Ah, the hell am I even thinking about? The king gets to do what he wants in his own country, obviously he isn't going to be charged for anything.

Actually, why do I even care about that? It's Vesta for fucks sake.

As he dropped him to the ground, the cloths that were covering his body fell off and everyone could see Vesta's face now.

Rimuru: Eh?

Kaijin: That's Vesta!

Gazel: It would be a waste having such a talented man doing nothing, but I cannot allow him back into my services. Use him as you wish.

Kaijin: My king...That would allow Vesta's knowledge to leave the dwarves!

Gazel didn't look the slightest bit amused as he simply responded by saying...

Gazel: Says the man who left the dwarves himself?

Kaijin goes silent as he couldn't possibly think of a counter-argument.

Gazel: This is what the alliance is for.

Gazel then turned to speak to Vesta.

Gazel: Vesta...

Vesta: Y-Yes..?

Gazel: Devote yourself to studying here.

Vesta quickly nodded his head as he said...

Vesta: I shall. My king, this time...This time I will live up to your expectations.

He then turned to look at me Rimuru and Kaijin.

Vesta: Y/n-dono, Rimuru-dono, Kaijin-dono...I am truly sorry for my actions...Would you allow me to work here?

Well, not like you would refuse him or anything like that. His knowledge is far more valuable than gold, after all.

Kaijin: Having another talented researcher would help alot.

Kaijin then turned to face you and Rimuru.

Kaijin: Y/n-dono, Rimuru-dono. If anything bad happens, I'll take responsibility. Please have faith in me and show him mercy.

I put my finger on my chin and tilt my head, to the people around me it might seem like I'm considering whether or not to allow Vesta to work here, but I really wasn't ever going to say no to him working here. In the anime nothing bad seemed to happen due to him working here, so why would I refuse him?

Y/n: Well, if Kaijin says he'll take responsibility, then I suppose that I can't really refuse.

Vesta's nervous face quickly shaped into one of pure happiness as he kneeled infront of you.

Vesta: Thank you! I'm unworthy, but I will give my utmost efforts to both you and Rimuru-dono!

You then turned to look at Rimuru.

Y/n: You don't have any objections, do you?

It was a pointless question, but might as well ask. It's proper courtesy, after all.