"I'm sorry, (y/n), but we need to leave." Luigi spoke so quietly as he gently placed a gloved hand against your shoulder.

You flinched back, your teary eyes glazed over once again as you shook your head. Nestling into the bed of flowers that seemed to shield you from him. He tried once again to reach out toward you, and like before you sobbed as you doubled over in pain. Your hair had draped over your face and you got onto your knees and leaned forward gripping onto your arm. The illusion shook all around him and he finally noticed something that wasn't there before. Your wrist was giving off a dark lavender aura as it crawled along your arm like vines, sprouting thorns and buds. What looked to be blood trickled down your arm, pooling around you like a river, giving life to the brush around you. He didn't know how to make it stop, he felt so small and weak. Luigi had no control over the chain reaction of his presence and each time it felt like he was pushing you closer to the edge of madness.

"How can I help you, please tell me!? What do I do." Luigi fell onto his back barely keeping himself held up as he felt the illusion shake once more.

It felt like something in you snapped, the buds blossomed as you froze in place. He could feel the overwhelming sense of dread radiating off of you, and for a moment he lost himself in the illusion of you. Your head turned slightly toward him, your damp (h/c) hair hung in your face, shaping it perfectly. Your dry lips parted, as tears dropped from your chin and he wanted so desperately for you to look at him. To face him. And for once he felt nothing, no fear, not even the weight on his shoulders. In that moment it felt like it had all been lifted. Everything was still as you fully faced him. Your hair parted and he could finally see the flowers dancing across your skin, the vines were nestled around clumps of your hair and thorns stuck out from each rose colored flower. He was awe struck but only for a moment.

"Help me... Help me? Help me!? You left me. You knew E. Gadd couldn't bring us both back. You left me here with Him. He left me here with King Boo." Your words slurred together, but it was evident you were angry and misguided.

Luigi could hear the heartbreak in your voice, the absolute betrayal you felt. It made him hurt. It made him feel like he had given you everything but nothing at all. How could he do this to someone he loved?

"You disappeared. I didn't want to leave you." He felt courage sprout from within his chest as he spoke, however that didn't help with the sudden rumble of the void. It was getting worse each time, he could feel it vibrate through his entire body.

"I know... I know. I want to believe, but it hurts. I'm scared I'll hurt you." Your once slurred voice trembled with your normal tone, like you were fighting an inner battle with yourself. Luigi could see in the reflection of your iris just how badly this curse had affected you.

"If you hurt me it won't change anything. I want you to be okay, so let me help you (y/n)... please." Luigi was cautious with his words as he crawled toward you. He could see your (e/c) eyes looking into his own, and for a moment it looked like you had found yourself in his words.

"Please... help me." The vines shrouding your trembling form slowly began to dissipate, and Luigi couldn't hold himself back. He quickly brought you into his arms. He cradled you gently as you began to sob into his chest. You were going to be okay and that's all that mattered to him in that moment, the darkness around you both began to glow into something brighter.

"I'll never leave you again." His voice was just above a whisper as he nuzzled his face into your soft (h/c) locks of hair.

You sighed, "I went looking for King Boo and left you. I didn't want to but I felt something calling to me. He used me, and made me feel things and see things that are only part of my deepest fears."

He listened intently to your words, finding comfort in your soft voice as you continued. "He knows how I feel about you and wants to use that against me, and every illusion I'm trapped in... you're the villain."

He could feel your grip tighten around his torso, "I love you, but I'm afraid. I'm afraid to be loved by you. I'm afraid I'm not enough..."

You had went completely silent as he thought about your words, and he knew his heart was beating a million miles a minute. He was grateful but heartbroken that you felt the same way. You felt the same way he did. Luigi couldn't think of anything else to say other than how he felt about you. He didn't care about the consequences as he spoke his next words, "I love you too."

He felt your body go limp, a relived sigh leaving your lips. Luigi let out his own sigh, finally feeling at ease. His hands ran along your back then pulling you even closer to him as he hummed, kissing the top of your head gently. It felt like time had completely stopped around you both as you sat within the illusion. If he could describe in one word how that moment felt he'd say it was love, but deep down inside he knew something so special wouldn't last. And that's just what happened. You were shaking as a loud voice boomed in the disappearing light around you.

"You are MINE."

The illusion began to split around you both, and the bed of flowers erupted into large vines and thorns. Your body was covered in blood red roses, and your scream of pain filled his ears as you gripped onto his overalls trying to get out of his grip. Luigi didn't let go, accepting the cuts and pain of keeping you close to him. You thrashed and hit him as the darkness covered both of you. He couldn't see anything besides the glow of lavender and magenta radiating off of your breaking form.

"Let me go! I-I'm hurting you. Please Luigi. Please!?" Your voice was slurred and raspy, signaling that you had hurt your vocal cords.

He couldn't help but smile, holding onto your shoulders while you pulled away just enough to look up at him. Your glowing eyes illuminated his pleased expression and he could feel you stiffen under his loving gaze. "Luigi, I can't be with you. He'll hurt you... I can't control myself."

He chuckled, moving his right hand up to cup your cheek lovingly. "You love me and I love you. I don't care about what will happen to me, that's enough for me to die happy in your arms right now."

And with that Luigi leaned forward and pressed his lips into yours. The thorns dug deep into his cheek, drawing droplets of blood. You sobbed against his lips, pulling him close. He couldn't stop his own tears from forming at the edge of his eyes, feeling completely found. Your lips moving in sync with one another, letting all the pain and love speak through the kiss. Leaving you both breathless and heaving, entangling yourself into one another. Luigi could feel your body go limp against his hold, and in one swift motion he had you cradled once again. Your souls formed into one being as color returned to your features, and darkness drained from your wrist pooling onto the floor around you both in a dark turquoise liquid. The bed of lilies around him disintegrated into dust, combining with the light blue liquid. And through the misty fog he could see the glow of a turquoise gem forming from all the debris.

It formed into a small blue (favorite insect), and in that moment he already knew that it was made especially for you.

Luigi slowly placed the button into its slot, biting his lip as he remembered the bracelet he had E. Gadd make. If only they knew just what happened in that illusion, they'd think he was crazy. Luigi knew that you didn't remember a thing once you awoke from that horrible spell King Boo had cast upon you. It hurt him knowing you most likely didn't remember it how he did, but he knew that what he saw and what you saw were completely different. However, it didn't change the fact that the gem was a symbol of parts of both his and your sanity to keep you sane if King Boo ever returned. Especially because that scar never healed...

Luigi gulped. "It never healed..."

••••~~~~••••~~~~••••

This was kinda hard to portray, considering that the reader remembers something different. So to simplify the confusion... technically an illusion feels like reality but it's not, it's far from it, it's a deceptive appearance which I mix with delirium because it's King Boo we're talking about. He's the King of Illusions so it makes sense for him to get into your head and make you see and feel things that aren't actually happening. Does that make sense? I hope so... Hope this was good! I tried lol