Ch.8: Hurt Like This

(don't own photo)

Edited: 8/20/21

Chapter name change from "Movie Star" to "Hurt Like This"

~~~~••••~~~~••••~~~~

You stepped out of the elevator, nearly being blinded by the light on the floor. There was a helicopter prop hanging up to your right, and a television to your left. You smiled rushing into the room to look at the props.

"Woah, this is fantastic! Ooo look!" You looked up at the large camera, it looked a little old fashioned but it was still amazing to see.

Luigi smiled over at you, giving you an odd look. You played it off by walking further into the studio. It was awkward going through the seventh(7th) floor, he kept giving you a weird look. Maybe it was because every time he brought up what you wanted to tell him earlier, you'd change the subject and ignore him. It took a lot of courage for you to even hug him and building it all back up again would take a while. You knew you were being selfish, only worried about rejection when you didn't even consider how much you were hurting him just by ignoring him.

Luigi thought you were mad at him, but he knew you were just scared like all those years ago. You did the same thing but it was for a different reason. This was something you thought was important, maybe you didn't trust him enough to tell him. He didn't know, but it hurt when you forced that beautiful smile. You made him weak nonetheless, even if it was forced. He still thought you were beautiful.

"Woah, look it's us!" You only acknowledged the two of you and not the large figure looming over you both.

Luigi nodded smiling, "Do you really think they did a movie about us?"

You nodded your head, "I hope so, I've always wanted to be an idol."

You turned away, doing a dramatic hair flip then looking at the other paintings. Luigi chuckled but you tried ignoring the feeling of him staring at you. You knew he was worried about you seeing King Boo, and even encountering him. But he had nothing to worry about, you aren't as naïve as you once were. However, you were still shy when it came to new people, which was something you hadn't grown out of. You did learn how to just mask your shyness by being awkwardly outgoing, and doing things you knew were a bit rash but it seemed to attract people to you.

Peach was one of those people. It felt just like yesterday you and her had met. She was absolutely beautiful and you tried your best to interact with her. She loved how adorable you were when you were to shy to speak to her, but when she told you you were cute, you blurted out the first thing you could think of. Instead of weirding her our by your dumb outburst she laughed. For a princess she was very welcoming and made you feel at home, instead of being stuck up. She mothered you and made sure you were always taken care of. But she was also a good friend that was always there for you. She was a shoulder you could cry on.

She was the one to introduce you to Mario. He was like an older brother to you. He would tease you and make fun of something you accidentally did. You did the same thing back. It was constant pranks and teasing, but it was something you both bonded over as well as your love for food. You would always movie nights once a month with just three of you, and you'd all laugh and commentate over the movies. It was something you all enjoyed, and even when it got to busy in the Kingdom Peach would still find some way to hangout with you. Mario would usually tag along unless it was a girls night, or she wanted to brag to you about him.

They both had talked to you about liking each other, and it didn't take a genius to see they felt something for each other. It was exciting the day they got into a relationship, you were their wingman when it came down to it. You missed those days, when you were so care free, then King Boo came along... You weren't the same to say the least, but you played it off well enough.