Amortentia

TONK'S POV

"Turn to page 394" Snape's voice echoed through out the dungeon sending chills down my spine. As quickly as I could I opened my potions book. Once getting to the correct page I saw "Amortentia" in a spiral font on the top of the page. Amortentia....where have I heard that before?

"Amortentia, also known as the most powerful love potion in the world. It smells differently to every person." Hearing Snape say the word love was..weird to say the least. Yes, he always sounds disinterested with every lesson when he's not torturing some poor student but today he sounds as if he was having to leach us a load of rubbish. I'm sure that's exactly what he thought love was, a load of rubbish. Having Snape explain what the potion was helped me remember where I had heard it from before. I remember two summers ago when visiting my cousin Sirius, he was teasing James Potter and his girlfriend with the pretty red hair about it. I wasn't really paying attention though because I was too busy talking to Sirius's other friend, Remus, about my N.E.W.T scores. He said he was very proud of me for getting so many O's.

"The first person to correctly brew the potion will receive 15 house points as well as not having to clean up the mess I'm sure you all will make."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After many tries I finally was able to brew a successful batch of Amortentia but a Ravenclaw girl had already finished so I was the second person to get it. Meaning no house points and I had clean. Leaning in to smell my potion I was surrounded by the scent of Hot Chocolate, Parchment, a musky woods like smell, and Cinnamon.

"Hmph," I said quietly to myself "I wonder who that could be."