𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑼𝑮𝑬.

"Ranboo? Open the door please

"Ranboo? Open the door please."

Knock. Knock. Knock.

His sister stood outside of his bedroom door, constantly knocking for the past fifteen minutes. "Ranboo, open the door."

It was the Second of November.

"Please?"

His birthday, which he is spending hurled up in a blanket on his bed.

Usually, he'd spend it with his best friend, and neighbor; Luca from two houses down the street.

Or, at least, used to.

"Ranboo I'm going to get the keys. I need to make sure you're okay."

Their parents were super close friends growing up, nearing thirty years of friendship. They stuck with each other through ups and downs, the riskiest of paths, watched each other graduate elementary, high school, and college, get married, and raise a family.

They never really fought a lot. When they did, it would be solved through a couple of 'I'm sorry's' or through proper communication. They've been through enough to know when they had their own faults.

Which is why this whole situation is so confusing to Ranboo. There recently was a lack of communication between their parents, which is very unusual.

He didn't know what caused all of the chaos, or how serious it was to the point that they decided to move.

It's sad that they didn't even consider that this would be the first time they would spend their birthdays without each other.

"Hi buddy," he didn't even notice his sister entered his room already until she spoke.

He fell unresponsive, which was fine for his sister. And for a while, they sat in a comfortable silence.

That is, until he asked her a question.

"Do you, uh, know the reason they fought?" Ranboo said, eyes flickering back and forth to his sister.

She let out a sigh. "I don't know, i'm sorry."

"What if it's my fault?" His sister's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why would you think that?"

She watched as he tried to collect his thoughts and form them into a coherent sentence. "Uh, well, we fought a few days ago."

Her eyes widened. "What would... what would you guys even need to argue about? You guys have never had to fight about anything before."

"Well I've been starting to make new friends, and uh, he wasn't too fond of that," his sister signaled for him to continue. "And I didn't know what about it upset him, so I asked him."

"So why was he upset?"

"He said he was uncomfortable with me hanging out with them, well, because they're openly out as gay." What the fuck? Is this the same guy who helped Ranboo fight for gay rights in their debate class? His sister thought.

"I... don't get it."

"I don't either, that's why I burst into anger," she watched as he recollected his memories. "And... he must've said something else, but I was way past hearing him out at that point."

She put a hand on his shoulder. "You didn't do anything wrong, alright? You were just doing what you thought was right for your friends."

"But him moving away a week later?"

"I'm sure that's got nothing to do with you. If anything, that's his parents' problem," she said with a soft smile. "Now, do you want to play minecraft with me? It will help get your mind off things."

"Sure," he said back with a kind smile.

««────── ♡ ──────»»