News for the Fire Service

it was a hot, sunny day in Pontypandy. Station Officer Steele was in his office reading today's emails from Chief Fire Officer Boyce. Sam and the other firefighters were out doing practice drills in the training tower. They were still going over basic rescue scenarios and new ones Sam had learned from the Chicago Fire Department at Firehouse 51. Station Officer Steele read the emails except for one which was sent out by Boyce just now. He opened it and read the email. The email reads: 

"Station Officer Steele,

It is within my duty to inform you that HQ and the Commissioner of the Fire Services of Newtown and Pontypandy in Cardiff have approved the Pontypandy Fire Service as well as the Pontypandy Coast Guard to begin their new Lifeguard service. I know this is on such short notice, but I bring you this news as it has been approved today during today's board meeting. Instructions from the Fire Commissioner are as follows: Members selected for roles of the new Lifeguard Service MUST be within the Pontypandy Fire Service and/or the Coast Guard. We are starting this very slow within the Fire Service until HQ has a chance to find someone to be capable of managing the beach in the new Lifeguard tower. Members within the Fire Service and Coast Guard MUST also be licensed in Emergency Medical Services and trained in First aid as well as Basic and Advanced Life Support by the NHS in addition to CPR Training and other evacuation procedure training. These services will begin once you have a decision on the Lifeguards for the new and upcoming service. Be sure to inform your firefighters. I hope to hear your decision soon.

Kind regards,

Horatio Boyce
Chief Fire Officer
Newtown Fire Station

Station Officer Steele knew he needed to make a decision before the opening day. He pulled out a book of Records for every firefighter that has served in Pontypandy. He read up until he found Sam's records.

Sam's records indicate he is a trained lifeguard snd trained in Basic Life Support, except he wasn't trained in Advanced Life Support

Sam's records indicate he is a trained lifeguard snd trained in Basic Life Support, except he wasn't trained in Advanced Life Support. He moved on to the next page which had Elvis' Records.

Elvis' records show that he is only a trained lifeguard and trained in Basic Life Support

Elvis' records show that he is only a trained lifeguard and trained in Basic Life Support. It wasn't enough to choose him for the job since he is not trained in Advanced Life Support. Station Officer Steele moved on to Arnold's records.