"You saw me, I, I changed..." Indicates over his shoulder, the spot where he regenerated "... right in front of you." She shook her head with a frown, "I saw him sort of explode, and then you replaced him, like a... a teleport or a transmat or a body swap or something. And why is Kate kissing you? Does she know you?" Theta doesn't interject, He seems lost for words. Rose takes a few steps towards him. At arms length, she pushes him in the chest. "You're not fooling me." He rocks back on his heels as though he cannot believe what he is hearing. I stepped in front of him causing him to grab my hand, he needed my reassurance. Every time he regenerated, he would come to me and when his companions were scared I would keep him company.

"I've seen all sorts of things. Nano genes... Gelth..." She looks darkly at us. "Slitheen..." The Doctor raises his eyebrows, "She sure had an attitude for a human" He thought causing me to snort. "You allowed it my love. You allowed her to rip the TARDIS apart and play with things she shouldn't." He sighed sadly, and nodded as I showed him my memories. "Oh, my God, are you a Slitheen?" She gasped, gaining our attention again.

Theta spoke up calmly, "I'm not a Slitheen." Her voice rising to a shout, "Send him back. I'm warning you; send the Doctor back right now!" I shook my head as I watched her. "Rose, it's him. Honestly, it's him." I tried to explain to her but she didn't want to listen as Rose stares at him, her chest rising and falling very fast. "I was dying. To save my own life I changed my body. Every single cell, but... it's still me. Just like Kate did, I explained it about Kate. I thought you understood."

She shook her head, "You can't be. I mean Kate I'm okay... but you can't be him because she kissed you, are you two-" The Doctor takes a few steps closer to her, looking straight down into her eyes. "Then how could I remember this? Very first word I ever said to you. Trapped in that cellar. Surrounded by shop window dummies.... oh..." Looks away for a moment, reminiscing. Then he looks back into her eyes, "such a long time ago. I took your hand..." To emphasize this point, he takes her hand... just like he did when Rose first asked who he was. Rose glances briefly down at their joint hands and then back up at his face. "I said one word... just one word, I said... "Run" He gazes at her. Rose looks into his eyes, her own full of tears finally realizing it.

"Doctor." The Doctor grins, "Hello."
Rose sighs in an almost exasperated fashion and stumbles backwards as the impact of what has just happened hits her. Theta takes off around the other side of the console. Then she turned to me with a glare, "Wait" She pointed at me, "You lied! You said you weren't together! That didn't look like you weren't together! You lia-" Theta interrupted her by stepping in front of me. "Rose. Stop it. Now." He started staring at her angrily before getting distracted again, "And we never stopped, did we? All across the universe. Running, running, running..." He changed the subject and flicks a few switches on the console. "One time we had to hop. Do you remember? Hopping for our lives. Kate, Love?" He hops madly up and down on the spot. Rose has her back against the pillar and is just watching him as I smiled gently at him and nodded, "Yeah? All that hopping? Remember hopping for your life? Yeah?! Hop? With the..."

The wild enthusiasm ebbs from his voice at Rose's lack of reaction. His hopping subsides, looking at me with a frown then her again. "No?" He asked looking at me, "Can you change back?" She interrupted me before I could say anything, "Do you want me to?" He asked with a frown causing her to nod "Yeah." He frowned back and cleared his throat looking at me.

"Do yo-" I held my hand up, interrupting him with a glare. "Don't even ask me that. You know I don't. Why would I? Look at you." I teased with a smirk as he blushed and looked down at the console, "Oh." I could practically see the gears turning in his head. "Can you?" Rose asked, "No." He seems rather disappointed. He glances briefly down at the floor, "Do you want to leave?"

"Do you want me to leave?" She asked in shock like it was him pushing her away but she was the one who couldn't understand. "But... your choice... if you want to go home..." Rose still looks upset causing him to nod as he goes to the console again. He didn't want his friend to feel uncomfortable with him. "Cancel Barcelona. Change to... London... the Powell Estate... ah... let's say the 24th of December." I look at her, "Consider it a Christmas present." Rose is edging slowly closer the console.

I had a bad feeling about this one, she was going to fall for this face. And with his personality I can just tell things are going to get complicated. I trust him completely and I know he wouldn't fall for a human but I didn't trust her at all.

"There." He steps back, his arms tucked under his armpits in an almost defensive manner. Rose looks at him, then back at the console. The TARDIS shudders as it changes direction. "I'm going home?" She asked squinting her eyes, "Up to you. Back to your mum... it's all waiting. Fish and chips, sausage and mash, beans on toast... no, Christmas! Turkey! Although... having met your mother... nut loaf would be more appropriate." Rose looks down quickly, to hide a smile.

"Was that a smile?" I asked causing Theta to look towards her with a happy look. "No." She looked away again, "That was a smile..." I spoke causing her to shake her head. "No it wasn't." She insisted, "You smiled..." Theta laughed and turned to me.

"No I didn't."

"Oh, come on, all I did was change, I didn't..."

He suddenly gags as the TARDIS shudders. Rose looks at him questioningly as I rushed forward to him. "What?" She asked trying to get him to pay attention to her, "I said I didn't..." The same thing happens again, more violently. He makes nasty retching noises.

"Uh oh." Rose edges cautiously around the console as Theta gently pushes me away "Er... is you alright?" A piece golden time vortex issues from the Doctor's mouth, it swirls around before coming to me and absorbing itself into my body. "What's that?" Rose asked with a frown as Theta to looked at it with a frown. "Oh... the change is going a bit wrong and all." He gags again. He falls to his knees, his face contorted.

"Look... maybe we should go back. Let's go and find Captain Jack, he'd know what to do." I shook my head as Theta waved a hand. "Gah, he's busy! He's got plenty to do rebuilding the Earth!" A lever on the console suddenly catches his eye, "Don't." I started, "I haven't used this one in years." He flicks it. The TARDIS shudders violently and we are all nearly knocked to our feet.

"What're you doing?!" Rose shouts as I grabbed the console, "Theta, calm down." I insisted but he just smiled "Putting on a bit of speed! That's it!" He turns more knobs while Rose tries to maintain a more secure grip on the console while I tried to control her. "My beautiful ship! Come on, faster! That's a girl!" Rose looks distinctly alarmed. The Doctor looks and sounds violent, crazed.

"Faster! Wanna to break the time limit?!" He laughed crazily, as I rushed around the console flicking switches trying to stop him. "Stop it!" Rose shouted in anger, "Ah, don't be so dull... let's have a bit of fun! Let's rip through that vortex!" Theta snapped at her with a manic laugh and catches my eye for a moment. His voice calms for a moment,

"The regeneration's going wrong. I can't stop myself." Grimaces in pain "Ah, my head..." He violently springs up into standing position again, and his voice has gone back to being crazed. "I know, my love. It's okay." I told him as I tried to level out the TARDIS. "Faster! Let's open those engines!"
A bell rings and Rose looks around, frightened. "What's that?" The Doctor's face appears next to her. "We're gonna crash land!" He laughs manically causing me to frown as Rose shouted over the sound of the bell, "Well then, do something!" He shakes his head his
voice rising hysterically, "Too late! Out of control!"

He runs around the console, giggling, causing me to shake my head "Oh, I love it! Hot dawg!" He hops in the air excitedly. "You're gonna kill us! Kate stop him!" I glared at her as she yelled at me. "I'm trying Rose. I'm trying to stabilize the TARDIS!" Theta laughed again, "Hold on tight, here we go!" Their eyes meet across the console, the Doctor grinning madly, Rose looking scared. "Christmas Eve...!" I sighed and held tightly onto the TARDIS.

"Here we go!"

●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Merry Christmas Eve!!

2,039 Words