I quickly finished brushing my hair and threw on the outfit I had planned for myself last night.

I practically flew downstairs, assuming it was Leah, I was so excited to see my best friend.

She was sitting at the table with a coffee mug in her hand, engaged in conversation with my mother.

She shrieked when she saw me running over.

She squeezed me into a tight hug.

"Happy birthday!!"

"Thank you!"

She handed me a a light pink bag with the words "birthday girl" written across it.

I accepted it with a short thanks and immediately started opening it.

Inside was some sort of black fabric.

She gestured for me to take it out of the bag.

It was a slim lengthy black dress, the two thin straps at the top were silky along with the rest of it. It was cut so that you would be able to see my cleavage.

It was beautiful.

"Well..do you like it? I was at the mall and that caught my eye, I thought to myself that you would look gorgeous in it. Plus you'll need it for later."

"Yes I love it so much thank you!"

I hugged her again before questioning why I would be needing it later.

"You'll see," she winked.

"Now ask your mom if you can come over, we need to get you ready!"

"Ready for wha-"

"Go ask!"

I decided it was best if I didn't ask anymore questions.

With a yes from my mother we were walking out of the door.

"Where's your car?" I didn't see it in the driveway.

"Oh it's in the shop, Judd's picking us up."

I was surprised hearing his name but almost immediately nodded so as not to raise suspicion.

I hadn't seen Judd in a little over a week, since we were inches from each other's faces.

"So..where is he?"

"He should be here any second- speak of the devil."

I grinned as I saw the familiar teal Jeep pull up.

He rolled down the window, "Get in fags."

Leah and I simultaneous rolled our eyes. I hopped in the back of the car that smelled like him.

I was so distracted by the scent that I didn't notice two emerald orbs staring me down from the rear view mirror.

I stared into his eyes as if they were the key to keeping me alive.

Seconds had passed- no, minutes. It was concerning how easily distracted I was by him.

I jumped out of my haze when I heard Leah scream and grab the steering wheel.

A car had swerved to the side of the road trying to avoid an accident.

"Judd pay attention to the god damn road!" She screamed.

He scowled as he put one strong hand on the steering wheel and ran the other through his hair.

I felt partially to blame.

We sat in silence for the remainder of the ride. I kept wondering what Leah had for me tonight, why do I need a dress?

We pulled up to the house and Judd let us out before heading off in the opposite direction.

"Where's he going?"

"No where.."

She knows something.

We walked into Leah's room, shutting the door behind us.

"What are we doing tonight?"

"Okay well I was gonna wait to tell you this but I cant- Im taking you to a club!"

I sat there for a while, not sure what to say.

"Aren't we too young?"

"Judd's getting us fake ids."

"Why, is he coming?" A part of me hoped he was.

"Um I don't know, strangely enough he offered to help."

I smiled at the thought of him offering help to anybody.

Hours passed of Leah and I talking and painting each other's nails, overall just wasting time.

She made the consecutive decision that it was time to get ready, and practically forced me into her makeup chair.

I almost fell asleep in the chair before she exclaimed that she was finished, and spun me around so that I could look in the lighted mirror.

"You did amazing Leah!"

"Thank you," she curtsied.

"Now let's get you into that dress!" She tore open the bag and handed it to me, getting started on her makeup shortly after.

I slipped on the silky dress and did a spin for Leah who of course, being my best friend, talked me way up.

"You honestly are the most gorgeous human being I've ever met."

She put on her own dress, green and short, and pushed me out of the door.

"Okay so Leah where is this cl-" before I could finish I ran into a stiff, hardy figure.

Before I could fall the man caught me with his strong arms and steadied me onto the ground.

"Watch it-"

My face went bright red.

"Oh uh sorry.." After that I kept my mouth shut and followed him and Leah to the car.