Even If You Think You Don't Need It

Kaede was trying her best to focus on teaching her current student but her head just kept spinning. Her student seemed to catch on as they stopped playing and turned to Kaede. 

"Miss Akamatsu? Are you feeling okay?" Kaede quickly nodded her head to their question. 

"Oh don't worry dear, I'm perfectly fine. Here, let's play the next line." Kaede quickly smiled looking back at the sheet music. She couldn't focus on it at all, her stomach started twisting and turning and she felt herself warm up.

After quite a bit the kid ended up leaving early and convinced Kaede to go home. Though reluctant, she realized it was for the best. Kaede just hoped that Kokichi wasn't home so she didn't have to explain why she was home so early. 

'I'll have to make it up to them later, we still had quite a bit of the lesson left after all.' Pushing down all her worries she began to pack up her things. 

<•>
Kaede unlocked the front door and quietly snuck into the house looking around to see if her boyfriend was home. Unfortunately for her, he was.

Kokichi heard the front door open, which didn't make any sense cause he didn't think Kaede should be home. He looked over at the clock to confirm and yup, Kaede definitely wasn't off yet. Once Kaede walked into view he gave her a curious look.

“Heeeeey… why are you home so early? I thought your last kid got out in a half an hour?” Leaving the kitchen doorway he placed his hands on his hips and walked over. “Hmm, is something wrong? You never leave early unless something is wrong.”

Kaede chuckled nervously "Something wrong? Pffffft! No I'm fine~" she hung up her coat and bag and tried to move past Kokichi. "The kid just had to leave a bit early so you know, I just went home."

Kokichi raised his eyebrow, clearly not buying her response. He followed her around the house asking questions to find any weak points. “And why did they leave early? It’s not like the kids to skip practice time, they love playing with you.” Kokichi moved to the front of Kaede and looked her up and down. “You don’t have anything physically wrong with you, that I can see at least…”

"Well the kid didn't skip, they just didn't have as much time as usual. I'm telling you I'm fine." Kaede said holding Kokichi's cheek, she tried suppressing a cough but it managed to work itself out.
'I should get a cough drop or something, I can't let Kokichi find out, it's nothing major after all.'

Kokichi frowned and pointed a finger directly in her face. “I knew it! You're coughing! A sure sign of something being wrong! Just teeeell me.” He whined and pouted glaring half-heartedly at his girlfriend.

Kaede moved Kokichi's hand out of her face and moved to the kitchen. "I'm telling you I'm fine, I'll just get a cough drop and then I'll be set." She grabbed said cough drop and some water. As if to expose her, her stomach started twisting, making her lean on the counter for support. 'Just some stomach rumbles, nothing to worry about.' She convinced herself.

“…are you sick?”
Kokichi eyed her up and down again while hardening his glare. “Motherfucker are you sick? Did I get you sick?"

Kaede laughed nervously and waved her hands in front of her. "Oh no no! You were sick like two days ago! So if I was sick, which I'm not, it wouldn't be because of you! Honest!" Kaede grabbed her glass and tried to move past Kokichi again.

“Ok then I’ll leave you be," Kokichi said, Kade sighed in relief and was about to thank him when he spoke again. "If… I can feel your forehead!” Kaede's blood went cold as Kokichi said that. 

"K-Kokichi come on! You don't gotta do that!" She tried to tell him but it didn't work. Kokichi lunged himself at her as he tried to feel her forehead.