He sat up, and he squeezed his eyebrows together. "What? Why? What happened? Too much work pressure?"

"Social media drama." She played with her rings by twirling them around her fingers. "It started when Marcus had a DNF and asked to be alone, so I did. But I had to leave right after the F1 race, so I couldn't see him before I left. He didn't message or call me, so I just let it go because I know he's struggling with personal things," she began to tell. "But back on Saturday, I was standing next to Giuseppe while waiting for Marcus, and Giuseppe happened to talk to some dudes from McLaren or something. We got photographed. Someone cropped people out of the picture. And posted it on social media, saying I would be dating Lando Norris. We went viral. Panic, because I don't know Lando Norris and I'm together with Marcus. We tried to call, but we missed each other due to work or other things. And here we are."

"Damn, Jane..."

"He misses his family, and I know he struggled a lot with the Leonardo situation. And now this... And I can't go to Hungary because of the strict restrictions, I can't be there for him. I can't do anything for him."

"But how did they think you would be together with that Norris guy in the first place?"

"That is still something I'm trying to figure out."

Jack slowly nodded. "And Norris, how is he dealing with it?"

"He..." Jane took a deep breath. "I believe he is annoyed with it. I have no idea; that's what I hear from people. But what do I do now? Like should I go to Marcus to talk? And what should I say? It's not that I can say a lot about it. 'I don't know Norris, and I don't know how this happened' isn't something you would like to hear." A hopeless look played on her face, she had no idea what to do next.

There was a silence. He observed her face, Jane looked lost. It was noticeable it was bothering her. And the fact she asked for advice... Jane barely asked for advice, not to Jack.

"Just say what is on your mind. You could make up an entire story around it, but I think Marcus and you both need direct clarification."

"But what do I say?"

"What if I was Marcus, what would you want to say?"

An observing look came on Jane's face. "I can't see you like Marcus; you're way uglier," she said in a severe tone.

"Jane."

A playful smile curved on her lips. "I want to say sorry, but I did nothing wrong. I don't know, perhaps I'm selfish to think I don't have to say sorry." She looked up to the ceiling, observing its structure. "I really don't know what to say. And you know, his mum messaged me last week, planning a surprise visit, asking me to help her. I'd love to, but I don't even know if Marcus wants to see me."

"I really think you need to see what comes up in your mind when you see him, kiddo. You can plan it all out, but when you get to the moment, things will always change." He gave her a comforting smile. "It will be fine. Let me know how it goes, yeh?" Jack cleared his throat. "Shall we get some dinner? What do you want?"

"I really have no idea. My brain is like Swiss cheese. Holes everywhere." Jane sat up and stretched her arms. "I'm not feeling like making something."

"It definitely needs to be easy. I say: McDonald's. We don't have it in Iceland, so I'm gonna visit it often now. We ate pizza yesterday, so I will start to eat healthy tomorrow. And I will bring you home afterwards."

"Okay, let's go."

»

The sun started to set, the sand-coloured buildings turned into a golden colour. Jack was driving Jane to her home.

"I heard Freyja is pregnant," Jane suddenly mentioned. Freyja was the niece of the family. "They tried IVF, right?"

"Yeah, it finally worked out for them. I'm happy for them," Jack replied and stopped the car in front of Jane's flat building. "I wanted to say we have to visit her soon, but we can't."

"Just send them a postcard."

"And pay a shit ton for a stamp? Don't call me."

Jane snorted. "It's your decision. It's not that much, though."

"Anyway, how are you?" Jane looked at Marcus again and shyly smiled.

"I'm fine," he smirked. "Just doing some groceries, nothing special, just the usual."

She nodded. "That needs to happen too."

"Unfortunately, yes."

"In a book store?"

"Yes," he said in a severe tone. "No, I need to get some stamps. I got caught stealing them at the office."

Jane smirked. "How?"

"Turns out I suck at stealing things," Marcus disappointedly said. "Do you know how expensive the international stamps are? Nobody uses those things anymore. Might just get them from the office."

It reminded her of a good, but a sweet memory. Jane and Marcus bumped into each other at the bookstore, Marcus caught Jane looking in a magazine with his photo on the cover. That was the moment she knew Marcus meant more to her than just a friend.

"Or just ask mum to write a card with your name on it. Think outside of the box, buddy."

Jack showed a fake smile. "Get out of here, buddy."

"I'm going." Jane opened the door and put one leg outside of the car. "I will see you somewhere...this month, I guess."

"Do you know if you can stay in Italy for your study yet?" He looked questionable at his little sister. It was just two days, but their sibling relationship had already gotten better. "Since you're still here..."

Jane shook her head. "I've no idea, I'm still waiting for an answer."

"Okay," he mumbled. "Anyway, thanks for helping me out. You were the best move-in and guide buddy ever. And take it easy, take a deep breath and just be honest, alright?" He balled his hand to a fist and held it up.

"It was fun," she widely smiled, she actually needed this distraction and just spent some time with a family member. "And I will, no worries. I will let you know how it went." She gave him a box. "Góða nótt," Jane wished him a good night.

"Bæ, sofðu vel." Jack said bye and sleep well.

She got out of the car and walked to the front door. A yawn escaped her mouth, it was a long day. Before she got it, she turned around and waved at her brother. Just knowing someone from your family lived close by, was a happy feeling.