Chapter Two

Later that night, after our terrible meal that Shigure tried cooking, I decided to go take a little walk outside. It was a nice night and the moon was full. The stars shone brightly as I walked through the woods. As I walked slightly deeper into the woods, I could hear the babble of the brook and knew that the brook was to the east.

I decided to walk in that direction and as I slowly got to the brook I saw someone crouched down next to it. As I got closer I could hear her talking to herself because I didn't see anyone around, but I wondered why she would be all the way out here. A twig snapped under my foot and I saw the girl quickly turn around and I could see her big blue eyes looking in my direction. It was Tohru Honda!

"Tohru? What are you doing, way out here? Shouldn't you be at home?" I asked her feeling concerned. Her eyes looked down at the ground and started kicking around the dirt nervously, remaining quiet. I walked closer to her and noticed the bag of toiletries on the ground. I picked her stuff up and grabbed her hand. "C'mon." Tohru looked up at me as I smiled at her. "You can come stay with us..at least we have warm water." I said and laughed slightly.

Tohru smiled at me slightly. "But I don't want to be a bother." I pulled her along the way I came. "Don't worry! You're no bother to us." I said as we worked our way back to Shigure's house. I opened the door, took my shoes off and called out "I'm baaaaaack!" Shigure poked his head out of his office. "Welcome back!" he said with a grin. His grin became wider when he saw Tohru standing behind me. "Oh! What do we have here? Why it's Tohru! See I knew she couldn't stay away from-"

He was cut off by Yuki dropping a book on his head. "Why Yuki? Why must you be so mean to me?" he asked as little rivers of tears flowed down his cheeks. "Why must you be a pervert all the time?" Yuki said coolly, continuing to walk by him. He then stopped and looked at Tohru, then at me. "I found her by the brook. She's going to stay here for a bit." I said. Tohru shook her head. "No no no. I..I don't want to be such a bother.."

Yuki gently reached out and touched her chin, lifting her head up to look at her and smiled that charming Yuki smile. "It's no bother to us, Miss Honda. Really." Tohru stared up at Yuki. "Alright then." she said and smiled. I clapped my hands together in excitement. "Great then!" I grabbed her arm and pulled her upstairs. "I'll show you where you can sleep." As we walked down the hall, I pointed out our rooms to her, and then I stopped at one of the guest rooms and opened the door.

I stepped in and turned the light on. "You can sleep in here." I said as I crossed the room and opened the window slightly. "Bathroom is down the hall to the right and my room is next door." I gave her a gentle hug. "It'll be nice to have another girl living here!" I said and smiled. Tohru smiled back. "Thank you Kara. Goodnight!" I said my good night and walked out of the room.