Book 2: Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"That should've been obvious by just taking one look at the room," Byakuya said. I decided to let them argue it out until I felt the need to prove who was the killer. I was already tired from an exhausting day and I hadn't eaten much, so I let everyone else do the work. We then discussed the murder weapon.

"Maybe she got hit with a metal pipe," Hiro said. "No, that's wrong!" Makoto shouted again. "No. I think it was a knife--but not just any knife. I'm almost positive it was a kitchen knife," Makoto stated. "Before we continue, why don't we address the fact that (y/n) hasn't spoken a word during our debates," Byakuya said, pointing at me. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, you want me to speak now?" I asked, condescendingly.

"Yeah, she's been quiet the whole time!" Leon yelled. I looked over at Taka, who was looking at me nervously. I looked back at everyone who also had the same suspicious face. I sighed, deciding to begin explaining what I had found.

"You all are looking into the details too much," I said. "Huh?" Makoto asked me. "You all are so worried about the little details, that you completely ignore the whole outcome of this murder. You remember the writing on the wall, Makoto. Don't you?" I asked him. He nodded. "Good. Think about the position Sayaka was in when she wrote it," I hinted. "Wait, how can you be sure that she wrote that?" he asked me. I sighed. "I guess I will have to elaborate a little more. Sayaka's back was to the wall. She used her unbroken hand to write her dying message with the blood surrounding her. If you take into consideration the way she would have to write, the message was turned upside down. That should have been remotely obvious by just taking one look at it. Rotate the message 180 degrees and you get the name 'Leon.' Not '11037.'" I said, finished explaining.

"What are you trying to say?!" Leon shouted at me. "Just as you assume. Leon Kuwata is the one who murdered Sayaka Maizono," I said, pointing at him. "And that's not all," Makoto added to my statement. "The only way someone would have been able to dispose of the blood-stained shirt is if they reach the incinerator. And the only one here that would have been able to reach the button is Leon. He threw Hiro's crystal ball onto the button, causing the incinerator to heat up," he continued. I nodded.

"I'M NOT THE KILLER!" Leon shouted. "Makoto, go ahead and review the incident one more time to make his crime perfectly clear," Kyoko told Makoto. With that Makoto nodded and explained the trial thoroughly to anyone who wasn't smart enough to understand before.

"So, Leon....do you object to anything that's been said?" Kyoko asked him. "Do I object? Hell yes I object! Of course I do! I object, I object, I object! This is all stupid! Stupidstupidstupid!" he shouted. "Monokuma, why don't we begin voting," I said. "Sure thing! You all have a lever in front of you. Use it to make your selection!" Monokuma replied.

"Stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid!" Leon repeated. Kyoko then spoke up. "Makoto, there should be one more piece of evidence that will solve this case." Makoto looked up, his face determined.

"Leon, if you are truly not the killer, would you mind showing us your toolkit? If I'm right about this, then the screwdriver that was given to all of the male students will show some evidence of being used!" Leon stopped talking abruptly. "And if you say you used it for something else, you'll have to explain exactly when, where, and why," Byakuya said. "And let me say this right now. 'I lost it' isn't an excuse at this point," Kyoko stated, firmly.

Leon stood there shocked. "Stu...pid. Stu...pid?" his voice slowly fading. "So you have no rebuttal," Byakuya said. "Then it would seem...we are finished here," Celeste concluded.

"Looks like you've reached your verdict! Then are we ready to cast our votes? You all have a lever in front of you. Use it to make your selection! Okay! Then let's get excited!" Monokuma said.

"Who will be chosen as the blackened? Will you make the right choice, or the dreadfully wrong one? What's it gonna be? What's it gonna beeee?! There's a lever in front of you. Use it to cast your vote!" Monokuma continued.

We then all proceeded to vote for Leon. The casino slot machine showed us that we all were correct. "Cooorect! Leon Kuwata was Sayaka Maizono's killer!" Monokuma announced. "Why? Why would you do this?" Makoto asked, starting to choke up. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. "She invited me over so I went. When I entered, she attacked me. It was all for self defense. Yeah, it was all self defense!" Leon shouted. "If it were self defense, you would have left her with a broken wrist. Instead, you proceeded with killing her," Celeste added.

Leon was speechless. I stood there with a smirk on my face, looking at him. He returned my gaze with a betrayed look. "It serves you right," I said to him.

"Let's give it everything we've got! It's....PUNISHMENT TIIIME!" Monokuma shouted. "NNNOOOOOO!!!" Leon screamed. Monokuma then pressed a red button and a clamp came out of a door and grabbed Leon around the neck, yanking him into another area, which we were forced to enter.

We watched from behind the gate where the words 'The 1,000 Blows' was displayed on a monitor. Leon was tied to a pole and Monokuma came out with a baseball launcher. It pelted several baseballs at Leon. All we could hear were Leon's blood hurling cries as he was pelted with 1,000 baseballs. Before we knew it, it was over. Time had seemed to slow. I looked at everyone who seemed to have a shocked expression on their faces. I stood there expressionless. I walked away and entered the elevator to head back to my dorm room.

After the long elevator ride, I head straight to my room, despite the fact I hadn't eaten much all day. I could tell it was already late. I was about to enter before I heard my name being called. "(Y/n)!" I turned around, recognizing the voice immediately as Taka. He caught up to me. "You did a really great job," he said. I nodded. "Thank you. This was an easy trial. I can only assume that it will get harder from now on." He looked at me with a shocked expression,

"You think there are going to be more murders?" he asked worriedly. I nodded. "Goodnight, Taka," I said. "Goodnight, (y/n)," Taka replied before I closed my door. I fell onto my bed and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.